Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest vassilis91

It is the official KitKat rom for 8297w. I didn't find any bug yet. It is chinese/english. I am very satisfied with it.

We need someone to bring it multi language :P

Guest johnickz

And a link for YGDB and instructions pls, cause I am searching this "Easy Peasy" section but cant find something to read!!

Make sure everyone that ROOT will be available when you get the official 009.

Edited by johnickz

3D performance is better than other KitKat ROMs, but a little bit slower than 4.2.2 ROMs ~7000 points in antutu 5.1. I didn't try other rooting methods, because I flashed it with changed recovery.

Edited by borsosg

Guest johnickz

Is there any possibility that they ll improve the 3D performance in future updates?

Cause I manage to score 8000 in 3D performance in 039 version with Antutu5!!

Edited by johnickz

3D performance is better than other KitKat ROMs, but a little bit slower than 4.2.2 ROMs ~7000 points in antutu 5.1. I didn't try other rooting methods, because I flashed it with changed recovery.

can you post instruction

And a link for YGDB and instructions pls, cause I am searching this "Easy Peasy" section but cant find something to read!!

Make sure everyone that ROOT will be available when you get the official 009.

c/p from the first page:

Basic Stuff For Beginners - Easy Peasy Setup
Spoiler 
Download (tools and descriptions)

Ok, this is 99% of basic stuff you'll ever need.
It goes this way:

1) Drivers
You may install Coolpad driver or PDAnet driver.
For stock rom flashing, you'll need Vcom driver (look inside YGDP folder for PDAnet or Vcom)

2) Root
Use vRoot Tool

3) Custom recovery
Use CWM 6.0.5.0 or take a look here for others:
Use cwm to make a backup of your system on the SD Card (external) now!

4) Gapps - Google applications (Play and so on)
Flash it through CWM or other recoveries mentioned in (3)
Here you will find various releases
For 4.2.2 roms use gapps-jb-20130812-signed.zip

5) S*** happens and if you suffer from a bricked phone, use extremely simple YGDP
Tool ( Anggriawan find ), Soda's Unbrick Guide or try with other guides listed down.

6) Factory / Stock rom
If you want one (for solving bricks or just for fun) use YGDP Tool (insanely easy tool btw)
or others mentioned in (5)
Stock roms are here or visit Coolpad site for latest release

All the tools and descriptions are in download link above

There you click on download and then on YGDP Tool -> there is a guide inside it (for Himax phone, but the logic is the same...)
Edited by dakok

Guest Milanche78
For stock rom flashing, you'll need Vcom driver (look inside YGDP folder for PDAnet or Vcom)

Which 1?
I have windows 7 64bit.

post-1046155-0-86445300-1411729149_thumb

Edited by Milanche78

For Google apps, there might be an option in accessibility section in phone settings.

Check there for GMS option - Google apps might work without flashing gapps through recovery :)

I don't know if the root would influence on this so you may try it before rooting

@ borsosg

What did you use for root?

Edited by dakok

Guest korekore1

c/p from the first page:

There you click on download and then on YGDP Tool -> there is a guide inside it (for Himax phone, but the logic is the same...)

on the pdf it says install drivers from device manager and it highlights in red three files from the SP_Drivers_v1.5 folder.

1.How do you install these files from device manager?

2.Do the phone have to be connected to the pc?

3.Do you install only these 3 files?

The instructions in the pdf are not that good..

1) I didn't. I installed Vcom drivers instead

2) Yes, when manual tells you to connect it

3) 

I installed drivers this way:

1. PDAnet
  2. Coolpad-140208
  3. Vcom_Driver_Autoinstall - this one was most important!

I sellected 8297w in the Download Configuration window I sellected Coolpad

stock rom 036 (CPB format) previously downloaded

The instructions are translated from indonesian original guide. I know it is not perfect.

Please, make another one now that would be more concise :)

EDIT:

Saša, which part you do not understand?

Edited by dakok

Guest korekore1

1) I didn't. I installed Vcom drivers instead

2) Yes, when manual tells you to connect it

3) 

The instructions are translated from indonesian original guide. I know it is not perfect.

Please, make another one now that would be more concise :)

EDIT:

Saša, which part you do not understand?

thanks,i will try it this way..!

One more question,maybe you know:

in my previous android (Huawei) when we moved from one android version to another (gb-->ics,jb-->gb,etc..) we first flashed the official rom to get the correct baseband and then we flashed the matched custom rom.So if we wanted to move from gb custom to ics custom we first flashed official ics to get the baseband and then the custom ics rom.If we didn't follow this procedure and we went straight from gb custom to ics custom we had many malfunctioning problems,soft bricks and even hard bricks that needed jtag or sending the phone to the official huawei service for repair.

i'm asking because i've never seen this procedure for this phone.Is something different here?i mean if someone created a custom kitkat from the 4.4 official kitkat we now have,wouldn't we have to flash official kitkat first and then the custom?

Edited by korekore1

It seems logical to me too. I had g300 and you couldn't switch from GB to JB easily.

This procedure is something like Flash Tool or MTK flash tool but it is Coolpad's own product

It is much safer and much simpler than usual Flash Tool flashing...

Y - Yulong (Yulong is another name for Coolpad)

G - General

D - Download

P - Platform

Somebody (tcpaulh?) asked that same question a while ago but I didn't see it being answered.

I suppose it might be no harm to flash the relevant latest official ROM before one that is derived from it?

BTW anybody else completely lost at this stage with regard to what ROMs are out there and what might be the best to use... 

Even with all the good work by dakok on the top posts and by others in the thread...

:blush:  :mellow:

Have you disabled battery saving? Edited by laek.17

Guest johnickz

I can confirm with 80% battery life, Antutu 5.1 got 6500 points in 3D performance. Thats bad.

I got 20-21 frames max in 039 and 8000 points but in 009 barely touch 15-16-17fps.

Edited by johnickz