Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest korekore1

hey,i think something went wrong with my battery or battery stats since i flashed couple of roms last two days...firstly on baidu v60 it wouldn't charge after 85% and now on lewa it won't go after 75%..i leave it on charger over night and i see 75%..battery drains even on charger...how is that possible? 

it is recommended to calibrate the battery after flashing a new rom.Somehow battery stats get confused and need to be initialized through proper charge/discharge of the battery

Guest elaadhn

So after thinking I've finally solved the locked phone issue, and trying a bzillion hours and rom versions and searches to solve it, my phone got messed up again with gps software working properly all of a sudden, and other odd bugs. Reflashed a backup, managed to open the stupid password lock, and then it locked up again asking for a password...   Pfff, drove me nuts, had to drive a 3 hour drive based on road signs  :wacko: .

Anyways flashed a310 decrapfied again, and while it still has some issues with some calls not waking up the screen, autobrightness is too low and other stuff, my battery is suddenly lasting over 4:30 screen time and still 77%... What the hell?!

Last week this rom wasn't even near this good, with a total of 4.5-5 hours, 100% to 15% or less. I also tried micaosp by laek and it was tbe same avrage 4-5 SOT.

I was sure this guy reporting 8-11 hours screen time was either nuts or just having calibration issues, cause no other phone in the market is this good battery wise. It's actually correct and so far at least (76℅ after 7 busy hours) the readings seem correct.

So did micromax find the answer for humanity? Everlasting power for all? 

Does anyone have a link to of a cmw/twrp flashable v.2 version?

I hope someone makes a cleaner aosp based on it. I dont like the lockscreen (tried the orb disabling trick but no luck), and pre rooted, bloatware free should be better.

Guest m@nish123

So after thinking I've finally solved the locked phone issue, and trying a bzillion hours and rom versions and searches to solve it, my phone got messed up again with gps software working properly all of a sudden, and other odd bugs. Reflashed a backup, managed to open the stupid password lock, and then it locked up again asking for a password... Pfff, drove me nuts, had to drive a 3 hour drive based on road signs :wacko: .

Anyways flashed a310 decrapfied again, and while it still has some issues with some calls not waking up the screen, autobrightness is too low and other stuff, my battery is suddenly lasting over 4:30 screen time and still 77%... What the hell?!

Last week this rom wasn't even near this good, with a total of 4.5-5 hours, 100% to 15% or less. I also tried micaosp by laek and it was tbe same avrage 4-5 SOT.

I was sure this guy reporting 8-11 hours screen time was either nuts or just having calibration issues, cause no other phone in the market is this good battery wise. It's actually correct and so far at least (76℅ after 7 busy hours) the readings seem correct.

I hope someone makes a cleaner aosp based on it. I dont like the lockscreen (tried the orb disabling trick but no luck), and pre rooted, bloatware free should be better.

Well see....On Emui 3.0 as heavy user i am getting 8Hr perfect Onscreen backup

so if a person using only one app and installed less app....and it just touches only then that person will able to get 10hr+ onscreen

Edited by m@nish123

Guest korekore1

By the problems you have i think that you don't make a correct rom installation.Make sure you use cwm 6.0.5.0 and do ''format data'' too

Edited by korekore1

Guest Jpower73

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.... :)

Edit: i used Spotify apk (streaming music) and boat browser at the same time plus facebook+messenger apks running background /foreground . I have more than 150 apks installed.

Edit2: wait and see at 50%... Here comes the cool part.....:) :)

Edit3: reported time was 12h sot. REAL TIME. Even so, time passes. You can not "calibrate" the time... :) (unless you own a time machine)

Edited by Jpower73

It is really hard to believe that one OS can bring almost double SOT time.

No offence Jpower73 for not believing, even your nick looked suspicious :D

Guest m@nish123

donno what mmx did....even we can't able to use boot.img to port any rom.....so dat we can live wid bug free accelerometer

and what coolpad had done that too weird...

now today again started custom kernel

there is lcm driver missing (imp)

imgsensor (for camera related)

accelerometer driver

hope some people from here can search this driver and try to give me....

so dat i will able to make best and one kernel for all 3 devices

PS : for driver name do this

Open coolpad f1 Stock rom(coolui) Go to system>Data>projectconfig.mk

open above file in notepad++

and search touchpanel and lcm

after lcm_blabla= here will be name of driver

just search these driver names files on github.com and any other china server etc

Edited by m@nish123

Guest razorinc

At first I was suspicious, but numbers says different so this is my result for micromax v2 rom: 7h54min sot, 16h42m on battery ( I really tried to discharge battery)...

Guest korekore1

what is the voltage on minimum?the exact number is?

why does that matter?We had this conversation too many times here..

and one more question.Do you think it would be possible for someone to see your posts from space?

Edited by korekore1

Guest elaadhn

So after thinking I've finally solved the locked phone issue, and trying a bzillion hours and rom versions and searches to solve it, my phone got messed up again with gps software working properly all of a sudden, and other odd bugs. Reflashed a backup, managed to open the stupid password lock, and then it locked up again asking for a password...   Pfff, drove me nuts, had to drive a 3 hour drive based on road signs  :wacko: .

well, happy days are over. 

I thought I discovered the cure for unlimited power for a while, but it was short lived... 

phone just turned off without warning, at around 59%, 6.5 SOT time. 

battery was completely discharged and took a while to even charge to the minimum 1 %. 

Back to being skeptical :huh: 

Bottom line is i'm looking for a good all round rom, prefrably aosp style, with multilang, and kitkat (with good camera), any tips? (cant use laek 3/4).  

Guest bore1989

Did anyone ever tried to resolve an issue with fc of Google maps (after update) in jonzalvos pure aosp (or in other roms) or found whats causing it...for me it's a big issue and weird that it doesn't bother anyone..it's annoying when you think you've found a rom to keep and only one thing isn't working on what you depend cause of your work..tried baidu and lewa and on both gmaps were crashing

Edited by bore1989

I have 019 ATX , I put gapps (flash for K.K)

removed apk with Blue Shield and browser dont remove coolmenager  there are a lot of useful things.download is fastest in the morning.

Edited by rista1

Guest Arpione

Did anyone ever tried to resolve an issue with fc of Google maps (after update) in jonzalvos pure aosp (or in other roms) or found whats causing it...for me it's a big issue and weird that it doesn't bother anyone..it's annoying when you think you've found a rom to keep and only one thing isn't working on what you depend cause of your work..tried baidu and lewa and on both gmaps were crashing

I looked into it and it seems people have problems with the newest version on other phones too, so it's probably not just the ROM's fault. Just uninstall the updates and it'll work, maybe a future version will fix it.

Tried to download and couldnt....very slow,even in orbit..v21atx

Try the Sandboxie + Baidu file butler (or whatever it's called) suggestion in one of the top posts so.

I think you have a working version somewhere in the first page

Guest Milanche78

I have 019 ATX , I put gapps (flash for K.K)

removed apk with Blue Shield and browser dont remove coolmenager  there are a lot of useful things.download is fastest in the morning.

And do not use kk gapss from the page #1, they caused me problems with contacts on  coolui. There are newer versions.

Guest KennyPowers2000

Hypothetical Question:

My laptop run Linux Mint, but most of the programs that are use to phone root/unlock bootloader are Windows based.

If I had Windows 7 running in VirtualBox from within Linux Mint, are these programs still likely to work over USB?