Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest dalyer

Now you can register, I corrected that :)

No links for 026 and 027 - maybe removed???

The Googlish translation suggests that they were either removed or are delayed due to download/upload problems.

Upload problem because of the upgrade package, it will delay the release of

But as ever it's difficult to make sense of translated Chinese pages.

I spent the weekend trying to download 4.4.024 (?) CPB but failed every time.

GetGo downloader got to 98% once but then stopped which was very frustrating and I couldn't resume the download.

It's a nightmare trying to download stuff from Baidu. I've tried lots of downloaders with no success. :(

I'm only doing this in order to flash a recent stock ROM in order to ensure that I have an updated/recent baseband before I flash another custom ROM.

Maybe I'm wasting my time and this is pointless...?

Edited by dalyer

Guest sumitstephen

Can anyone plz give me another link for miui 4.4 ..after many attempts iit stops wasting ample amout of my data. Baidu links always do that it's been 4 days I m trying to download Miui 4.4 in vain

NO REPLIES :(

Edited by sumitstephen

Guest Dreamkill3r

guys, is it worth to install hiveui rom? now I'm on miui 4.4,I like it veeeery, but I have an old problem, some apps doesn't have internet connection when the phone is connected to internet (I tried with Wi-Fi and 3g) so unfortunately I think of changing it... so, hiveui interested me but I wanna know if it's worth) how is the battery life comparing to miui? does it have any serious buggs?) thanks in advance)

Guest korekore1

guys, is it worth to install hiveui rom? now I'm on miui 4.4,I like it veeeery, but I have an old problem, some apps doesn't have internet connection when the phone is connected to internet (I tried with Wi-Fi and 3g) so unfortunately I think of changing it... so, hiveui interested me but I wanna know if it's worth) how is the battery life comparing to miui? does it have any serious buggs?) thanks in advance)

i would try the wifi fix for this one.First page.Or check out miui's firewall

Guest bore1989

Hey, where can I find original coolpad eu charger , not with eu adapter? I found it on aliexpress but it's 20$...not so cheap...I recently bought I think some copy of Samsung charger that is so poor...it doesn't even even charge when I'm using my mobile and it doesn't charge after 75%

Edited by bore1989

Guest 77chedu

Ok, my pleasure

I don't know much about the changing ui method as described there. The images are self-explanatory, I think. I don't know if it works for every rom, but they were making some attempts with a stock KK. I didn't pay much attention, because I was flashing roms like crazy on Christmas and trying to put together the "frankenstein" one

I think that this comes from the guys that are starting to develop stuff for the F2. I'll reach someone over there and invite him to explain a little further what that's about

The "frankenstein" rom, is nothing but a "mix n' match" attemp with two JB aosp. One from Lzy, and the scond one was recently post here. I think it was Liutao's -I'll have to check-

It started as a side proyect when another user, hjthzz, was putting together a Jonzalvo's Pure Aosp repack. Jonzalvo's roms were meant to be used with an external sd, so there were unusable for people that don't have any. It's something to do with storage mount points and so on. We took an extensive look at that, but couldn't come up with a solution with Jonzalvo's rom. So I started looking for a 4.2.2 aosp alternative.

And well, we're nearly there. It may need a little fine tuning, but getting over 9000 3D has come as a surprise. So if anyone wants to test it some more and help any way they can to make it a better rom, I'd be grateful. A little fine tuning by usermau or someone else more knowledgeable than me, and it could be a keeper

Screenshots attached

There's a different repack 4.2.2 made by another user, avecilla, 

http://www.movilesdualsim.com/tema/rom-raruna-de-la-semana-cajon-de-sastre-de-roms.88932/page-24#post-919673

But with this version, you'll need maps 8, because latter versions won't work, and 3D scores are on par with other JB roms

post-1048024-0-74383800-1420579397_thumb

post-1048024-0-03137800-1420579404_thumb

post-1048024-0-53081700-1420579428_thumb

Edited by 77chedu

Guest dalyer

Hey, where can I find original coolpad eu charger , not with eu adapter? I found it on aliexpress but it's 20$...not so cheap...I recently bought I think some copy of Samsung charger that is so poor...it doesn't even even charge when I'm using my mobile and it doesn't charge after 75%

The Coolpad charger rated at 1000mA = 1A.

What is the other one that you have? 

I would have expected that any 1A or higher charger would do the job as well as or better than the original Coolpad charger?

@77chedu

That is very interesting stuff and many folks would be interested to try that fast

JB monster and give feedback :)

Please open a separate topic here if you feel it would be useful.

Is it possible to speed up 4.4 roms the same way you did for 4.2?

Guest bore1989

The Coolpad charger rated at 1000mA = 1A.

What is the other one that you have? 

I would have expected that any 1A or higher charger would do the job as well as or better than the original Coolpad charger?

This is the only one I have since the original had that adapter that stopped working..

m.ebay.com/itm/281516796579?nav=SEARCH

Guest 77chedu

@77chedu

That is very interesting stuff and many folks would be interested to try that fast

JB monster and give feedback :)

Please open a separate topic here if you feel it would be useful.

Is it possible to speed up 4.4 roms the same way you did for 4.2?

I wish I knew. I literally don't have a clue

The thing is I came across this two 4.2.2 aosp roms. 

http://bbs.ydss.cn/thread-467220-1-1.html

http://bbs.ydss.cn/thread-508154-1-1.html

Some things wouldn't work right in both of them, but were usable, with a little tweaking after installation

The first one had a pretty poor antutu scores, but, other than that everything seemed to work fine (including maps, youtube, gps). So I cleaned it up a little bit and made a repack from a TWRP recovery the same way that you did with the micromax

With the second one, I tried a couple of times, and couldn't get a GPS fix. So I discarded it. But today another user tried it, and everything seemed to work fine except the maps issue, an a couple of minor glitches here and there. But antutu's scores were pretty nice

Long history short, I sort of "ported" one rom to another, and, suddenly, I get this 9000 plus 3D score 

So, as I said before, if someone wants to step up and take a closer look at it, and maybe give it some fine tuning, it's all yours to tweak, repack or whatever

Edited by 77chedu

Guest zltnngy

I have ported the camera app from stock kk rom 022 to emui 3.0. It works ok with few little bugs, some brave people might try it on other kk roms.

Flash in recovery:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-tYjl0oGVmreXZyV3ZqemMxU0k/view?usp=sharing

If there is a package called com.android.camera in your rom before install, you should remove it first with titanium backup. In emui there is no such problem.

Known bugs:

sometimes an 8 byte long useless jpg file is saved besides the proper picture

the launch gallery button doesn't work within the builtin picture viewer