[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Guest fonz93

Very good work. Just two issues for me :

- calendar notification doesn't work

Do you save your events in local or in google account?

Edited by fonz93

Guest CyberArtZ

Hi, I was using this ROM for past two days without any issues, everything was seems to work perfect. (WiFi, Bluetooth, Browser, Shuttle,Youtube etc.).

Without installing any 3rd party apps or Games it feels very smooth and fast.

01. But today I had this very annoying issue which I'm experiencing in each and every Stock based ROMS (incl.FusionX,SlimStock etc.). after installing few apps and games (my daily apps like skype,mxplayer,viber,twitter..etc) system slows down a lot and experiencing redraws occasionally.. And when I tuned Wi-Fi ON, System Hangs on for a while and become very very laggy. Browser and apps like Skype,Gmail freezes Each time this happen. (no more force closes but apps hang on black screen) I tried uninstalling all my apps and games but the occational lag persists even I had enough free RAM to work apps flawlessly. This is not the first time I'm experiencing this though I had the exact same issue with all stock based ROMs after using them for few days..  

02. Did anyone tried VoIP calling? dont know is it only me but also I have an issue with VoIP calling in apps like skype and viber, I can't hear anything and other party can't hear me.

03. I have the same issue with Shuttle Player as Picvajzmen mentioned.I already turned off OK Google in Nova.But it seems music is playing but cannot hear anything. (shuttle worked fine before I install 3rd party apps)

(I performed all wipes before installing the rom and didn't restore any data on phone setup. I have two Y300-0100 devices with me right now. One belongs to my friend and both devices have the same issues)

04. After apllying the update, Minor issue with phone.

post-1031740-0-25477200-1402919431_thumb

Guest Picvajzmen

@CyberArtZ

- when I reported the problem with Shuttle I also had problem with big lags in Clash of clans game and also many aps kept restarting all the time. I resolved all those problems with a reboot. Now the shuttle is working and there is no lag, and the apps are not restarting themselves.

- the problem on the caller screen i had but only when I had another call on waiting which made names of two contacts to be on top of each other.

Guest CyberArtZ

@CyberArtZ

- when I reported the problem with Shuttle I also had problem with big lags in Clash of clans game and also many aps kept restarting all the time. I resolved all those problems with a reboot. Now the shuttle is working and there is no lag, and the apps are not restarting themselves.

- the problem on the caller screen i had but only when I had another call on waiting which made names of two contacts to be on top of each other.

I already tried rebooting several times, after reboot it seemed all problems resolved but again it happens when i turned on WiFi and use Browser for some time etc. Also Shuttle problem persists. But Apollo and Other Music Players Work Fine.

In Caller screen bug Contact Number and the Location are on top of each other and also same on call waiting as in your situation. P.S. This is not happen to contacts that saved in phonebook.

Edited by CyberArtZ

Guest dus40

Do you save your events in local or in google account?

google account. None of the two calendar app (blue one and green one) show alerts. Notifications are on (status bar + vibrate + sound) but are not displayed... Events are present in calendar.

Guest H3ROS

hello, i will try this room tomorrow. it looks very good.

does it shows the full details of the sms? like inbox's date and sent's date. I'm using Slimkat and I really aprecciate the posibility to have these functions

thanks for your answers.

sorry for my bad english

The messaging app doesn't have folder view such as inbox, outbox, drafts etc. It does have the option to show the sent date instead of the received date though.

calendar notification doesn't work

I'll look into it.

sometimes browser freezes for some seconds

Might be improved by the next update.

@ CyberArtZ

Out of the apps you've got installed which of them are running services?

I just tested Skype and that appears to work for me. You mention that "it happens when i turned on WiFi and use Browser for some time". How much RAM is free during that time and do you have a lot of tabs open or have you downloaded 10+ things?

The name/number overlap for unknown contacts I've already fixed for the next update :)

What version of Apollo are you using? There's a few versions floating around and many of them have bugs, which is why I didn't use Apollo.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest CyberArtZ

@ H3ROS

Out of the apps I've installed non of them are running services at the moment.  :blink: 

Not Only the Browser but occasionally whole system become very slow and apps become laggy which is strange. I haven't open lot of tabs or have you downloaded anything.

I'm using Apollo 1.1 which included in CM 10

My complete issues were described here http://www.modaco.com/topic/372741-rom-411-b200-aosp-mod/page-6#entry2215364

Thanks. :)

post-1031740-0-54420600-1402935527_thumb

post-1031740-0-18219700-1402935535_thumb

post-1031740-0-79860100-1402935541_thumb

post-1031740-0-17114500-1402935548_thumb

post-1031740-0-00401200-1402935554_thumb

Guest H3ROS

So memory doesn't look to be the issue and you're using my kernel, correct?

You could perform a backup and try with the latest moddingg33k kernel. It might not support everything this kernel does, but it would help to know if that fixes your lag.

Personally I don't experience any lag which makes it hard for me to debug things. That plus it's not really something that logs any issues.

@ dus40

I've found out what the calendar issue was and I've fixed it. It'll be a part of the next update :)

Guest Tommy21

Yes,sometimes the whole system becomes laggy and unresponsive for me too.

It looks like this started to happen when i started to restore tb apps,everything was flying before,but i don't believe app restoring could cause this problem.

Edited by Tommy21

Guest CyberArtZ

@ H3ROS

Yes. I'm using your kernel. I'll try with modding33k kernel and let you know if the system lag persists.

Regards!

And.. Yes! I've used latest modding33k kernel for past two hours without any system lag/redraws. everything running smoothly for the time being. previous system lag vanshed completely and I've used upto 8+ browser tabs without any lag and no black screen hang on in any apps. Also Testing some heavy games, NFS Most Wanted and FrontLine Commandos No FCs or Lag for Now. Running Flawlessly.

Edited by CyberArtZ

Guest H3ROS

Thanks for the update. I guess I could try to compile my kernel in a similar fashion, but I do plan on switching to the moddingg33k kernel once there's a stable build available.

Is there anyone around who has the bluetooth headset issue when in a call? It works for some people and not others, so I really want someone who's prepared to test an experimental update to address that issue.

Guest Tommy21

I must report good performance with modding33 kernel,at least for now.I didn't have any fc with your kernel,but system was laggy.Your rom is everything i need on my phone,stock based roms are the best,at least for me.Thanks for your work,i think i'm gonna use it for a long time.

Guest H3ROS

By the way Tommy, you said that you restored some things with Titanium Backup. You didn't restore any system apps, did you? You can only restore data to something like Phone/Messaging so you get all of your text messages back. Restoring the app and data would result in signature mismatches or it could break something, especially if you're data is from a newer version of Android.

Current update progress:

- Phone settings up navigation is fixed

- Calendar notifications are fixed

- Unknown caller ID and location overlap has been fixed

- The hosts file has been updated (fixes the tapatalk block)

- Updated a bunch of libs that effect web page rendering and audio (needs testing on Viber, Skype and via a BT headset)

Update: I've tested Viber and Skype and they both work. I still need someone to confirm BT headsets are working though. I could order one, but then that delays the update 2-4 days and I'll never use the headset after the test.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest Tommy21

I've restored gmail accounts,wifi access points,some games that my nephews play and apps i normally use.I was using stock b194 and many apps are restored with data.I use go backup for restoring sms and contacts.Now everything works well,i hope it will stay like this,thank you!

Guest barnir

i dont know if its anything that can be done from your side, but i only get some "Lag" and low performance when i go search on Play for example, i use swiftkey, might be problem? i love that keyboard :\ usually its when it "calls" the keyboard so i guess so

Guest H3ROS

It could be an issue with the latest version of the keyboard you're using, but it could be kernel related. I'd suggest you backup the ROM and try using moddingg33k's latest kernel. Both Tommy and CyberArtZ seen improvements with that kernel.

Guest squal

It could be an issue with the latest version of the keyboard you're using, but it could be kernel related. I'd suggest you backup the ROM and try using moddingg33k's latest kernel. Both Tommy and CyberArtZ seen improvements with that kernel.

yup! ill tried also sa latest of moddingg..no lag at all..even the games...

Guest squal

you guys tried wich experimental?

gonna test with this one "kernel_y300_stock_20140614_radio_fixed_gcc491.zip"

yeah..thats the one that i downloaded... its fast and sooth w/out lags..

Guest barnir

so after this owers, using skype etc.. the keyboard seens to open faster, so i guess theres something on kernel that can be improved xd, lets wait for a new stable from modding i guess so you can pick it and mold it for your rom

Guest Romagnolo1973

By the way Tommy, you said that you restored some things with Titanium Backup. You didn't restore any system apps, did you? You can only restore data to something like Phone/Messaging so you get all of your text messages back. Restoring the app and data would result in signature mismatches or it could break something, especially if you're data is from a newer version of Android.

Current update progress:

- Phone settings up navigation is fixed

- Calendar notifications are fixed

- Unknown caller ID and location overlap has been fixed

- The hosts file has been updated (fixes the tapatalk block)

- Updated a bunch of libs that effect web page rendering and audio (needs testing on Viber, Skype and via a BT headset)

Update: I've tested Viber and Skype and they both work. I still need someone to confirm BT headsets are working though. I could order one, but then that delays the update 2-4 days and I'll never use the headset after the test.

Can you please add in the To-do list to allow Dialer to search into contacts touching the dialers number (T9 style)?

It is missed here and is well implemented in other stock based rom as FusionX and is realy usefull

Thanks