[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM] [15/03/2015]

Guest fonz93

Guest Romagnolo1973

fonz a user said he encounter issue with force close on every app untill xposed is installed (without modules active), you use xposed with no issue?

fonz a user said he encounter issue with force close on every app untill xposed is installed (without modules active), you use xposed with no issue?

I didn't have that issue and no one reported it, i use xposed with many modules Edited by fonz93

Guest domenico76

Hi Fonz93, Can I install the ROM using twrp (2.7.0.2) ?

All the zips (ROM +audio +gapps) in sequence during the same installation, after I have alraedy realized a full wipe via recovery, is it correct?

Ciao

Edited by domenico76

Guest mrbeany

Fonz93, I see the version of bash installed on this rom is vulnerable to the shellshock bug.  Would it be possible to fix this in an update? It should be simple enough.  (I had to manually compile bash for an older PC, but I wouldn't know where to begin with android :blush: ).

He dropped this rom

Anyway you can pull it from cm11.0

I didn't drop it, there aren't noticeable improvements that can be done

Edited by fonz93

Guest mrbeany

I was unable to get bash from CM11.0 to run on this rom, for some reason.  So I just removed bash and replaced it with a symlink to mksh, which doesn't appear to be vulnerable.

Guest mrbeany

Yes, I did that.

Maybe I misunderstood you. Can I just replace my version of the bash binary with one from a recent zip of this CM11 nightly?  When I did that and set the permissions correctly, I got this error message when trying to run bash:

soinfo_relocate(linker.cpp:1013): cannot locate symbol "imaxdiv" referenced by "./bash-new"...CANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE

Or does it need to be recompiled to run on CM10.1?  (Sorry to sound dumb, but I'm new to android.)

Edited by mrbeany

Guest mrbeany

I can probably figure out how to do it given time. But as I really only want to compile a single binary (bash), and probably nothing else, it doesn't seem like it is worth the effort, to me.  I'm a user not a developer. 

Does anything on CM even need to use bash, anyway?  Removing bash and symlinking it to mksh is probably simpler, if it doesn't break anything, and more secure, as it looks like there are probably other vulnerabilities in bash no one has discovered yet.

Thanks, anyway, for taking the time to reply.

Guest mrbeany

Ha! Turns out it was a lot easier than I thought! :D Although I compiled it using the source and patches from the official gnu ftp server.

Edited by mrbeany

Using Facebook or Instagram on this ROM brings word pain to a new level. Posting anything cost 10 minutes of your life, is there any chance anything can be done. Slim and stock weren't so costly to the user nerves.

Guest pottkopp

I'm using this rom for a while now and it's really the most stable and smooth running rom on my y300 :) only got 1 or 2 random reboots in that time but that's more than okay. thanks a lot for this awesome rom man! I really appreciate your work. :)

Nope thanks :), this ROM is by far the best for G510, the problem is in device low memory and I just hate reseting memory settings just for Facebook, it's a lot easier just to install Friendcaster instead of Facebook apk and enjoy this fluid ROM :)

Try to enable zRAM or SWAP, this is the only thing i can suggest in this case, i can easily use Instagram, but the Facebook app is not optimized and can cause problems in some cases, i have problems with Facebook with all ROMs, there is no way to make it work smoothly on our device (and any other device with 512 MB RAM)

Edited by fonz93

Instagram works a little bit slowly but acceptable, I think zRAM is already pre-enabled on your ROM. Facebook is a Hog on far better device, even on my other phone L9 II works a little bit chunky. Best regards

Instagram works a little bit slowly but acceptable, I think zRAM is already pre-enabled on your ROM. Facebook is a Hog on far better device, even on my other phone L9 II works a little bit chunky. Best regards

zRAM is not enabled by default, you can enable it in performance menu