Coolpad F1 8297w ROM 041 - Root Trouble

Guest tcpaulh

Cant root Coolpad F1 rom 041

Anyone had any success with this? 

Details:- 

Windows 7 x64

Factory reset device and change to english

Coolpad shows up as Coolpad 8297W in device manager using pdanet drivers

vroot cant find coolpad - there are no devices without drivers in device manager

adb.exe finds no devices - coolpad plugged in and switched on in normal mode.

usb debugging on

using VRoot_1.7.8.7753_Setup.exe, finally got the green white and blue connection page up on the coolpad (daemon?) and acknowledge the three prompts 

Progress:-

Mediatek preloader USB VCOM Port(COM3) searching windows update

Vroot - "driver is downloading please wait"

Install driver then Vroot displays 'Retry'  so I retry

"Rooting now,please wait"

Device restarts, root fails

Tried VCOM_Driver_AutoInstall and attempt root again.

Tried rootgenius_en.exe from rootpack linked in first post - no luck

Tried vroot again. Waits at 'Rooting now' then reboots device. Eventually fails.

From expierence It seems every time Coolpad do a ROM update it becomes impossible to root until the vroot programming catches up, which it eventually appears to do., had the same problem and download a custom version of 041 already rooted.

i had the same problem, had to install the 029 version (that strange format) via some pc tool in order to root and then install the custom recovery and only then could i install some custom rom

Install it from cwm, unless you have not got cwm as you are not rooted. I flashed coolpad 039, then rooted with vroot, installed cwm then installed that custom ROM, there maybe an easier way to do it than this, but Im not sure.....

maybe it was baldos' pure aosp you tried (kitkat, it had this antutu bug), not jonzalvo's (jellybean). Laek's rom is better if you want to stay on kitkat, otherwise try jonzalvo's one.

Guest korekore1

does this phone have pink screen?So that you can just see the bootloader as a hard disk on your pc and simply replace official recovery with custom one?That was the way we did it on Huawei u8800pro

Guest Mouratti

maybe it was baldos' pure aosp you tried (kitkat, it had this antutu bug), not jonzalvo's (jellybean). Laek's rom is better if you want to stay on kitkat, otherwise try jonzalvo's one.

I try jozalvo's and antutu is weak. But good room.

Yes for.leak v2.1 is the most stable and good rom

I try jozalvo's and antutu is weak. But good room.

Yes for.leak v2.1 is the most stable and good rom

I made 2 patches for jonzalvo's PURE AOSP, one fixes the camera image quality, the other one the poor GPU performance. Both can be downloaded here. The stock camera still makes bad pictures but others work as good as on a stock CoolUI rom.

I've used jonzalvo's rom with my modifications for a couple of days now and haven't encountered any problems, but a backup before installation is recommended ofcourse.

Also it's laek, not leak :)

Guest mindtrapper

I made 2 patches for jonzalvo's PURE AOSP, one fixes the camera image quality, the other one the poor GPU performance. Both can be downloaded here. The stock camera still makes bad pictures but others work as good as on a stock CoolUI rom.

I've used jonzalvo's rom with my modifications for a couple of days now and haven't encountered any problems, but a backup before installation is recommended ofcourse.

Is that for the 4.4 or 4.2.2?

great! Could you make a flashable zip with also latest drivers/kernel/libs from latest WCDMA (or TDSCMA) 4.2 version, so to renew the rom completely? I think the original has some outdated versions of those things 

Edited by slime00

great! Could you make a flashable zip with also latest drivers/kernel/libs from latest WCDMA (or TDSCMA) 4.2 version, so to renew the rom completely? I think the original has some outdated versions of those things 

Originally I wanted to make an AOSP-like rom based on a stock CoolUI rom but that didn't  work out so I decided to improve jonzalvo's rom instead. Kernel upgrade didn't really bring any performance increase and if it ain't broken why fix it :) The only thing I'm not satisfied with is the proximity sensor sensitivity but that couldn't be improved with a kernel nor driver update.

BTW it's already a flashable zip with upgraded Nova Launcher, SuperSU and the above mentioned camera and video drivers, I just wanted to fix the proximity sensor before uploading.

Edited by Arpione

Guest mindtrapper

Originally I wanted to make an AOSP-like rom based on a stock CoolUI rom but that didn't  work out so I decided to improve jonzalvo's rom instead. Kernel upgrade didn't really bring any performance increase and if it ain't broken why fix it :) The only thing I'm not satisfied with is the proximity sensor sensitivity but that couldn't be improved with a kernel nor driver update.

BTW it's already a flashable zip with upgraded Nova Launcher, SuperSU and the above mentioned camera and video drivers, I just wanted to fix the proximity sensor before uploading.

Wouldn't updated kernel bring blue led to  PURE AOSP 4.2? That would be great if it didn't also bring bugs/instability.

Guest mindtrapper

Also some guys in myphone.gr forum still use MIUI v5 by emjot, which has HORRIBLE camera. Will the zip work for that rom and if not could you provide one that will? Supposedly it's one of the best and most stable 4.2 roms for our phone.

Also some guys in myphone.gr forum still use MIUI v5 by emjot, which has HORRIBLE camera. Will the zip work for that rom and if not could you provide one that will? Supposedly it's one of the best and most stable 4.2 roms for our phone.

I can't test every rom we have for the phone but you're free to do so :) Make a backup, flash the zip, see if it works. In worst case the camera app crashes, then you only need to restore your backup.

Guest mindtrapper

I can't test every rom we have for the phone but you're free to do so :) Make a backup, flash the zip, see if it works. In worst case the camera app crashes, then you only need to restore your backup.

I forwarded your message to the forum and will report back in case of success or burnt phones... :)

Edited by mindtrapper