[ROM][4.4.2] Micromax Canvas Nitro A310 - rooted & decrappified

Guest Arpione

Guest Arpione

None, I still don't think it's worth to waste time on this rom, there are just too many problems that'd need to be fixed (memory usage, 3d performance, auto brightness, etc)

Edited by Arpione

How to flash non-8297W CPB's with YGDP tools (UPDATED)

1)Open YGDP (password:369) choose 8297W as phone model

2)Choose the CPB from your hard drive.

3)Go on as usual with YGDP and let it unzip the CPB

4)When it finishes go to the root of your C drive,where the YGDP folder is and go to the folder DownFiles that it created.There are the contents of the CPB

Look for the file ''phone.info'' (there are 2 of them) and copy them to your desktop

5)Open one with notepad++ and find a line that says ''ProductName=8297**'' (** will be different according to the cpb's origin.If for example the cpb is from India it will be ProductName=8297W_I01 .You now have to delete ''_I01'' so that it only reads ProductName=8297W .You get the logic.You change this to whatever your phone's code name is.If you have a Micromax phone you do the opposite,you add ''_I01'')

6)Now that you made the change save the file and do the same with the other phone.info file

7)Next find the file YL-params.bin .Again copy to desktop,open with notepad++ and find the line that says ''1.01.000.P1.8297W**'' (or something very similar,you will see it,there are not many lines in this file)

Do the same as before,modify the ''**'' to match your phone's code,exactly like you did with phone.info

8)Save the file and replace all 3 files back to the temp folder.

(While you are there replace the recovery.img file too)

9)Ready.Go on with the installation on YGDP as normal.

Added to YGDP guide, check if it's OK

Guest jakethedooggg

I'm with that rom right now and it's pretty fine after deleting stuff :) smooth, battery seems nice, lock screen is weird with the blurry background and the slider thing. But after all it's nice!

PD: Edits I added:

- Xposed modules:

- XinternalSD to fix storage + the sdfix.

- XLED to customize LEDs.

- Had to add my APN (hopefully I had it in a screenshot)

Edited by jakethedooggg

Guest mixanikosgr

Users in the greek forum flashed the 031 zip version from the first post and the kernel version is: 08 Aug 2014 as V1

The cpb version i flashed had the kernel version: 15 Oct 2014

The flashable zip 031 version is made from the new cpb, with the new kernel?

screenshot of cpb version

2s63orb.png

EDIT

about the lockscreen

change the lockscreen style to orb (from menu / display), let it finish

freeze the videoorbplugin from titanium

and you will have Normal lockscreen

Edited by mixanikosgr

Guest jakethedooggg

It's nice anyways, It's like the active screen thingy. What it's not nice is if is really the last version or not, or he just used the older version build.prop...

Guest Arpione

Um... s***. I used my old working folder and I forgot to replace the boot.img. I'll upload the proper zip in about 20 mins. In my defense they have the exact same size :)

Edited by Arpione

Guest jakethedooggg

Um... s***. I used my old working folder and I forgot to replace the boot.img. I'll upload the proper zip in about 20 mins. In my defense they have the exact same size :)

Oh man. I flashed it and I have it all done there, can you do a flashable with only that :(

Hello! I am looking for Micromax A310 stock rom in zip format for flash in custom recovery, where can I find it? I want to modify the rom. Or how can I converter the CPB file into zip format for flash in custom recovery? Thank you!

Guest jakethedooggg

Hello! I am looking for Micromax A310 stock rom in zip format for flash in custom recovery, where can I find it? I want to modify the rom. Or how can I converter the CPB file into zip format for flash in custom recovery? Thank you!

Do you know about the first post? You'll find it there.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest korekore1

does anyone have any idea why a310 aosp doesn't accept system file changes?

I mean everytime you change a system file you get 2-3 reboots everytime you boot.

Everything else works fine but you get those multiple reboots.

Its like the system makes a checksum or something like his every time you boot.Weird..

That could also be the same reason that some mobileuncle tools changes don't register at all.

Edited by korekore1

Guest 77chedu

Hi

It might be a topic already discused, but I couldn't find anything but mere glimpses

So, could someone explain why ram usage easily doubles that of an AOSP rom at idle?

Thanks in advance