[GUIDE] YGDP Tool for flashing stock 4.2 & 4.4 roms

Guest dakok

Your responsibility, don't blame me if something goes wrong, etc...

Coolpad = Yulong

YGDP means Yulong General Download Platform

This is a very simple and safe tool for flashing official coolpad CoolUI roms in CPB format.

I am not 100% sure but I think that you can't go wrong here. This tool will set stock rom on your phone or it will refuse flashing.

It was brought here by Anggriawan, our Indonesian forum member since they used it

for flashing rebranded F1 phone - Indonesian Himax Polymer. The same tool is used for

flashing another rebranded F1 - Indian Micromax Nitro A310.

Anggriawan provided a short guide for this tool (in Indonesian) and I translated it without

changing details about the guide object (Himax phone) and that resulted in slight confusion about 

correct procedure.

This short guide will make that definitely clear now :D

You will learn how to quickly flash factory rom, hack it with custom recovery and flash

Himax Polymer and Micromax A310 stock roms (here)

Use PC with Win7 or XP system for flashing. Win8 is a bit harder to manage

Drivers

Download

(if you had experience with Coolpad F1 and SP Flash Tool, you probably won't need these. Skip to next step)

My way was:

PDAnet, Coolpad-140208-Setup, Vcom_driver_autoinstall

Yours may be Coolpad F1 driver, Vcom_driver_autoinstall

For Windows 8.x 64bit use korekore1 guide

Vcom is most important for flashing!

Stock rom in CPB format

Download stock rom (use IDM downloader or another download manager)

YGDP Tool

Download

Password is 369, (future proof hack: if it fails one day, revert to earlier date)...

Start YGDP and enter password

post-1003165-0-70849800-1412193535_thumb  

Click on Config button

post-1003165-0-21665400-1412193698_thumb

1. Choose your phone (8297w)    2. Open Coolpad stock rom (CPB format) that you downloaded 

post-1003165-0-43460300-1412193636_thumb  

Apply your selection

post-1003165-0-89333300-1412193736_thumb

Wait few minutes for your rom to unpack. Click on Start button

post-1003165-0-02651900-1412193880_thumb

Turn on debugging, turn off Quick Boot in settings (or take out and return the battery), turn off the phone and connect it to PC / Laptop

Wait for YGDP Tool to finish the flashing procedure

You are done :D

Bonus: Custom recovery hack (borsosg's discovery)

This is a very nice way to have a stock rom with custom recovery so you can flash another rom or gapps

or something else (root for example)

Prepare latest CWM or TWRP recovery (if it looks like something_bla_bla.img, rename it to: recovery.img)

Start YGDP Tool and proceed as described before. Now you are at Config, then Select, then Apply. Rom is unpacking....

Before you click on Start buton, find YGDP temporary folder on your C: disk

like shown in picture below:

post-1003165-0-92236700-1412193764_thumb

Replace original recovery.img with your recovery.img

Click on Start button, connect the phone and continue with flashing...

Bonus 2. - Flashing rebranded Coolpad F1 stock roms

korekore1, on 20 Nov 2014 - 1:46 PM, said:snapback.png

How to flash non-8297W CPB roms (roms for TD phone, Himax and Micromax phones) with YGDP tool:

1) Open YGDP (password:369) choose the phone model (If you have TD rom , choose 8297, for Hymax and Micromax phones, select the correct model code)

2) Choose downloaded rom in CPB format from your hard drive.

3) Go on as usual with YGDP and let it unzip the CPB

4) When it finishes go to the root of your C drive, where the YGDP folder is and go to the folder DownFiles that it created. There are the contents of the CPB
    Look for the file ''phone.info'' (there are 2 of them) and copy them to your desktop

5) Open one with notepad++ and find a line that says ''ProductName=8297**'' (** will be different according to the cpb's origin. If for example the cpb is from India it will be      

ProductName=8297W_I01. You now have to delete ''_I01'' so that it only reads ProductName=8297W. You get the logic. You change this to whatever your phone's real code name is. If you have a Micromax phone, you add ''_I01'')

6) Now that you made the change save the file and do the same with the other phone.info file

7) Next find the file YL-params.bin. Again copy to desktop,open with notepad++ and find the line that says ''1.01.000.P1.8297W**'' (or something very similar, you will see it, there are not many    

lines in this file)

Do the same as before, modify the ''**'' to match your phone's code, exactly like you did with phone.info

8) Save the file and replace all 3 files back to that temp folder.
    (While you are there you can replace the recovery.img file too - see Recovery Hack above)

9) Ready. Go on with the installation on YGDP as normal.

Credits:

Coolpad

Anggriawan

Yuusuv

Borsosg

Korekore1

Mixanikosgr

Modaco members

P.S.

YGDP is just one of the several flashing tools for Coolpad F1.

If you can't make it work there is Coolpad Download Assistant and standard SP Flash Tool.

One way or another, you will manage to flash a stock rom or save your phone from a soft brick...

P.P.S.

Nice summary by UserDJJ:

Turn phone off, run YGDP, config -> choose right phone model -> apply (now wait untill it unpack cpb) then replace

recovery.img, click start, ? now turn phone on with power button ?, if you have proper drivers and no other phone software

is running (like nokia pc suite, kies) process should start using port com8 and should be finished in approx 5 minutes,

if cell 0 progress bar is moving that is good sign.

Edited by dakok

Guest krish_nank

Thanks! :)

Please inform us here if you find any interesting Nitro A310 forum in India.

Bro but i am hardcore fan of MIUI and tried Coolpad rom i lost IMEI could not restore it....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rootmonster

Hello! First of all thank you for the guide!

I have a question!

While configure, I select my model (8297w) and the cpb file (from here http://pan.baidu.com/s/1jGzcUYM) from the list http://pan.baidu.com/share/home?uk=2252774741&view=share#category/type=0 but then I get a message that "the cpb file is not used for the chosen project".

Well, it is my version, but where am I wrong?

Thank you!

Guest korekore1

Hello! First of all thank you for the guide!

I have a question!

While configure, I select my model (8297w) and the cpb file (from here http://pan.baidu.com/s/1jGzcUYM) from the list http://pan.baidu.com/share/home?uk=2252774741&view=share#category/type=0 but then I get a message that "the cpb file is not used for the chosen project".

Well, it is my version, but where am I wrong?

Thank you!

just follow the instructions,its a straightforward and easy method.Or download the file again

Guest rootmonster

I did it to to word, except that I want to flash 4.4.

For instance, when I choose model 8297 (without W) it works as it should, but I am not sure that it will work for the phone. Any suggestions?

Guest korekore1

I did it to to word, except that I want to flash 4.4.

For instance, when I choose model 8297 (without W) it works as it should, but I am not sure that it will work for the phone. Any suggestions?

you must have downloaded the non ''w'' version,or you have the non ''w'' F1..!

Guest cybernec

Flashing goes OK up to 100%, but then phone does not boot, goes on "factory mode" and then a black screen with a blue square on top left  saying "1.modem" and there is a "up" and "down" on the right. What now ?

Do you have Win8?

Anyway

1. Connect phone to PC
2. Start Menu - Run, type: cmd and hit Enter 
3. Type: cd/
4. Type: adb shell fctest system reboot and hit Enter

Cg-4jVM1NLyIPPIvAAAWVr-5Z-IAALxWQL3cYcAA

plus this and this

Edited by dakok

Guest cybernec

I am on win 7 64bit, thanks but no luck :(

"adb server is out of date. killing...

ADB server didn't ACK

*failed to start daemon *

error: protocol fault <no status>

suppose it's a driver matter ?

Edited by cybernec

Guest cybernec

Finally it worked out, had to terminate other related procceses as samsung kies, snappea etc. They seemed to occupy  ports neede for adb to do its job. 

Guest mixanikosgr

Everyone having problems with the PC recognizing the phone should also

connect the phone to the PC in recovery mode.

(also for PCs with 64bit win8)

You should also disable antivirus and firewall.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest savina365

1st post updated with F1w clones roms (Himax, Micromax) flashing guide

please help me i followed your steps from the previous page but ygdp is stuck on entering download mode for 3 hours , how long does

the process take ?