AOSP xTremeVanilla v2 Cyanogen Edition 4.4.2

Guest theremondt

Guest 77chedu

Update: it is taking a ridiculously long time to acquire a fix. Once it has though, it seems to keep it quite well. I wonder if there is a way to optimise it to acquire fix quicker, without using data agps?

Try this. 

Look for a "dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit" line on your build prop (*). If it does exist, change it to "fast". If not, simply add this line at the end

dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:fast

Reboot, and test your GPS again. 

(*) You can easily do it with this app 

Guest KennyPowers2000

Tried the build.prop tweak you mentioned, but unfortunately did not work. Thank you for the tip anyway.

I did see a YouTube video that was on chinaphones GPS fixes, so I tried what it said, but still no improvement. The video did say a lot of China phones have poor GPS antenna inside, but I don't really want to open up the coolpad and start soldering!

I have been trying with just GPS only, perhaps the key is to use WiFi and mobile networks as well? I just wanted to keep data charges to zero that's all.

EDIT: Aftering reverting back to my previous Jelly Bean ROM as a test, and comparing the 8297W GPS to my old Huawei and Hudl GPS, I have come to the conclusion that it is not the ROM that is causing poor GPS performance, but the hardware of the phone itself. After all it does work, its just slower to fix than other devices. I think it does mention elsewhere online MTK GPS chipsets arent always that great.

Anyway, flashed back to this ROM as it is quite good :)

TLDR; Coolpad F1 GPS hardware not as good as other devices

Edited by KennyPowers2000

Guest korekore1

Tried the build.prop tweak you mentioned, but unfortunately did not work. Thank you for the tip anyway.

I did see a YouTube video that was on chinaphones GPS fixes, so I tried what it said, but still no improvement. The video did say a lot of China phones have poor GPS antenna inside, but I don't really want to open up the coolpad and start soldering!

I have been trying with just GPS only, perhaps the key is to use WiFi and mobile networks as well? I just wanted to keep data charges to zero that's all.

EDIT: Aftering reverting back to my previous Jelly Bean ROM as a test, and comparing the 8297W GPS to my old Huawei and Hudl GPS, I have come to the conclusion that it is not the ROM that is causing poor GPS performance, but the hardware of the phone itself. After all it does work, its just slower to fix than other devices. I think it does mention elsewhere online MTK GPS chipsets arent always that great.

Anyway, flashed back to this ROM as it is quite good :)

TLDR; Coolpad F1 GPS hardware not as good as other devices

that is what i thought,but:gps on vanilla is excellent.It locks with the same speed it locks on qualcomm devices.So its about the rom and the optimizations the dev made

Guest KennyPowers2000

I do have my phone in hard gel type case, wonder if that is attenuating the signal? (I thought only metal cases caused issues though)

Anyway, another issue I'm facing right now, everytime I reflash my F1, I have to Restore Licence on Copilot. Even though I have paid for the app and it's tied to my Google Play account, you only get a certain number of Restore Licence attempts!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest KennyPowers2000

I thought v3 was lollipop, this looks like its still KitKat.

Think I might stay on v2 for a while.

Still, good efforts by the dev :)

Guest trashbat

is it best to get rid of the beats audio app that's bundled and get viper4android?

or is the beats audio something different altogether? 

Guest trashbat

I uninstalled beats audio... Never managed to make it work.

I use viper4android.

Much better....

Did you uninstall any of the other apps/exposed modules?

Guest Jpower73

Yes,

-Kitkat full access to sd (useless)

I installed xinternalsd module. ;)

-(something about changing colors to keyb) i use swiftkey

-tinted statusbar

I installed gravity box.

Guest hemanx

Nice rom but something unusual happening in this rom. I selected default storage as External SD card., it didn't rebooted. Secondly, I installed titanium backup as I usually restore all my apps through this but it showed restore =0. So I went to apps manager and tried to move titanium apps to SD but there is no option of moving app

post-1051434-14281597764057_thumb.png

post-1051434-14281597846941_thumb.png

Guest korekore1

I thought v3 was lollipop, this looks like its still KitKat.

Think I might stay on v2 for a while.

Still, good efforts by the dev :)

trust me,flash v3.Its the fastest rom till now and it has no bugs.For third party apps install xInternal module so that they can save to external sd.

Guest korekore1

is it best to get rid of the beats audio app that's bundled and get viper4android?

or is the beats audio something different altogether? 

yes,beats audio is crap like all beats products.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Pivko76

i have problem with battery icon after instalation gravitybox. icon is large with wrong font. i can't find how turn off default battery icon (should be in settings, battery). now i have icon fom gravity box and second one (bad) stock.

http://www.gg.pl/dysk/C8oqU0dFzbTxCsoqU0dFzM0/Screenshot_2015-04-15-10-29-28.png

Edited by Pivko76

Guest korekore1

i have problem with battery icon after instalation gravitybox. icon is large with wrong font. i can't find how turn off default battery icon (should be in settings, battery). now i have icon fom gravity box and second one (bad) stock.

http://www.gg.pl/dysk/C8oqU0dFzbTxCsoqU0dFzM0/Screenshot_2015-04-15-10-29-28.png

i answered you on xda.Read the thread

Guest dinoHR

The phone can't get detected by computer when I connect it with usb cable. I mean it does but I can't access the phone due the driver problems. It has not happened with other roms. Anyone else has this problem?

Edited by dinoHR

• 4 weeks later...
Guest trashbat

It's quite nice, but the rom is basically a maucat aosp mod (not the latest one with the new kernel), with trebuchet launcher and Infocus camera and the CP camera with the pro function.

would you say to avoid it?

I've not installed it yet

Guest 77chedu

would you say to avoid it?

I've not installed it yet

No, it should be good.

But it may have inherited some of the issues present on maucat's. It's probably based on a later than 11 january release, which seems to have some consensus about being his best release so far.

I personally like what he's doing on the aesthetics part, on the latest releases, -maucat- and I haven't encountered any major bug since its earliest incarnations, but there's a thread where people are keeping track of some issues. Just be aware, that some of them might be present on this XtremeVanilla

Edited by 77chedu

Guest trashbat

No, it should be good.

But it may have inherited some of the issues present on maucat's. It's probably based on a later than 11 january release, which seems to have some consensus about being his best release so far.

I personally like what he's doing on the aesthetics part, on the latest releases, -maucat- and I haven't encountered any major bug since its earliest incarnations, but there's a thread where people are keeping track of some issues. Just be aware, that some of them might be present on this XtremeVanilla

I like the ROM but Bluetooth is very buggy