[ROM][5.1.1] Cyanogenmod 12.1 [Y300/G510] [04/06/2015]

Guest fonz93

Guest alexandermb

i don't know if it's me, but the ROM feels more fluid after apply cm12 theme status bar and style, maybe themes has less animations for the system apps

Edited by alexandermb

Guest cvele992

Today i got no black screen :D

I've used these settings:

governor cpu: badass

min freq: 480

max freq: 1008

I\O scheduler: noop

Fonz, i don't know if this can help your work, i know it's only a temporary workaround...

Haven't tried to change governor but min freq: 700mHz and I got blackscreen again :(

EDIT:

just happend again:

governor: badass

min freq: 700mHz

I/O scheduler noop

and it was less than 2min since I locked my phone

Is there any key combo to reboot phone, so I don't have to remove battery all the time?

Thanks for your report, it seems (to me atleast it does) that the black screen occurs after waking the device from a long period of deep sleep (15 min and over), if tomorrow i won't be able to fix it i'll upload the build with in call volume fixed only and then i'll wait for an answer from chil360, as the logs unfortunately are not helping

Happend to me once in less than a minute after locking screen.

Logcat attached and a screenshoot too. Although the logcat is plagged of wpa_supplicant activities.

Got that bug too, but I was to lazy to take screenshot and make logcat :)

Edited by cvele992

Guest clickmeplz

Unfortunately i am not able to reproduce the issue, there are many errors in your log and some seems to be caused by writing permissions on the SD card not granted to Eleven, that is trying to download an album art, did you try to reproduce a different song that hasn't album arts? or try to reproduce it without internet connection

Then, How to grant write permission on the SD card to Eleven? ...also i tried it without internet connection; i installed music app from slimkat and it produces same force close error!

Edited by clickmeplz

Guest fonz93

Then, How to grant write permission on the SD card to Eleven? ...also i tried it without internet connection; i installed music app from slimkat and it produces same force close error!

Because it doesn't find the folders, due to the memory switch the external SD card is recognized as internal and the internal SD card is regognized as external SD card and then Eleven doesn't find the folder/files.

Guest juanpablocastillo

I saw on GitHub than chil360 added UKSM on his kernel. Maybe that is the cause of the black screen problems (only if you enabled KSM by default).

Guest fonz93

I saw on GitHub than chil360 added UKSM on his kernel. Maybe that is the cause of the black screen problems (only if you enabled KSM by default).

UKSM it's enabled by default (but not by me, by the kernel), he added it a long time ago and black screens were not happening in that period (as i can remember), anyway, i am just doing some tests (inspired by lomax84) changing the governors to see if it's ondemand the one causing the black screens.

Edited by fonz93

Guest luca020400

Galaxy S, S plus and Galaxy W devs (very skilled devs), put it to 256 mb, Motorola itself on the Moto G uses 512 MB, don't worry about it

Motorola devices with 1GB ram have 256MB zRAM

CAF uses 512MB ram on MSM8226 SOC with 1GB RAM

You can check caf values for MSM7X27 in CAF

Guest fonz93

If someone is still using this ROM, can you try to change the governor to interactive? I am still testing it but i got no black screens since i have it as default governor, it'll be more easier to debug if it's not only me to test this

Edited by fonz93

Guest baraary

If someone is still using this ROM, can you try to change the governor to interactive? I am still testing it but i got no black screens since i have it as default governor, it'll be more easier to debug if it's not only me to test this

Done. Do not need to change min and max? 

Guest fonz93

Done. Do not need to change min and max? 

no, don't do it for now

Fonz?

Have your newest build the newest cm sources from 19.04.2015?

My build it's just finished, i am uploading it, it has all the changes pushed before the 8:30 of this morning

Edited by fonz93

Guest POmniac

I'm using this ROM but I never had black screen. Playing Candy Crash I received a call and after that continued playing the game without problem. I never had black screen, everything works well for me.

Guest fonz93

Do the drivers work to play games properly as in android 4.1?

On android 4.4 games are very slow.

Thanks

So, let's explain that:

We use adreno drivers from a Galaxy S3 variant that has an adreno 225, some games can run better, some worse, the 4.4 ROMs that you tried probably include the adreno drivers from 4.1, that are the ones that the stock Huawei ROM includes, so you think that the games should run the same way as stock does, but they don't, Huawei modified the display HAL in their stock ROM, because we can't track their changes we have to use the display HAL from qualcomm, all of this to explain that custom ROMs can't run the games as stock Huawei (or based on it) does, no way to get that, also now we switched our display HAL to caf, so it's all changed.

Edited by fonz93

Guest Jairus1998

Thanks

For an alpha/beta build, still consider okay. I can play RR3 on CM12.1 and SlimLP (CM12.1 kernel)

Guest Jairus1998

So, let's explain that:

We use adreno drivers from a Galaxy S3 variant that has an adreno 225, some games can run better, some worse, the 4.4 ROMs that you tried probably include the adreno drivers from 4.1, that are the ones that the stock Huawei ROM include, so you all think that the games should run the same way as stock does, but they don't, Huawei modified the display HAL in their stock ROM, because we can't track their changes we have to use the display HAL from qualcomm, all of this to explain that custom ROMs can't run the games as stock Huawei (or based on it) does

That explain a lot

Guest clickmeplz

What does number sign # at my status bar mean? how can i remove it?

Also i installed rom with TWRP and CWM. It seems running rom with CWM is faster and smoother than TWRP. it's just my feeling,don't know.

Edited by clickmeplz

Guest fonz93

What does number sign # at my status bar mean? how can i remove it?

the "#" symbol means that an app in background is using root permissions

Edited by fonz93

Guest fonz93

Thanks

Really? i gave you an answer 30 minutes ago

just got a black screen using interactive governor, i am now doing some tests with uksm disabled

Edit: nothing, disabled uksm and got a black screen...

Edited by fonz93