[ROM][5.1.1] Cyanogenmod 12.1 [Y300/G510] [04/06/2015]

Guest fonz93

Guest dkr84

I need gapps.. I use gmail and gmaps sometimes... In AOSP I greenified them so they weren't annoying... but in this rom i can't because xposed doesn't work, but performance is good anyway :)

You don't need Greenify whan you have Servicely for free and without Xposed

Guest Eriito

You don't need Greenify whan you have Servicely for free and without Xposed

greenify hibernates apps preventing them from restarting themselves, this app on the other hand just kills them, as far as I know there's nothing stopping them from restarting themselves so that makes greenify a much better option at saving battery and keeping apps from using so much ram.

Guest xxirioxx

Greenify can still be used without xposed framework

Using xposed module you can hibernate apps using GCM too, including google play services ;)

greenify hibernates apps preventing them from restarting themselves, this app on the other hand just kills them, as far as I know there's nothing stopping them from restarting themselves so that makes greenify a much better option at saving battery and keeping apps from using so much ram.

Exactly, greenify is not a task killer: applications remain hibertated until you or another app run them again.

Guest clickmeplz

Did you try to also delete Eleven's data after .1?

I'll make few tries again anyway

Don't Reboot, Turn off and then Turn On, after the  whole process leave the phone alone read all media for at least 10 mins

Edit; Btw don't delete data, go ahead to com.android.providers... and delete the whole folder at that point 

I did both, but no success

Guest xxirioxx

fonz... You made an excellent work, but this ROM is too much unstable yet.

Now I downgrade to AOSP but I'll try cm12.1 again later ;)

Guest Dark Cricket

A quick question fonz93; What's the impact of not installing GAPPS?? Notifications are affected?

No, notifications are not affected, only you will not have the services of google, playstore, gmail, etc.

Guest fonz93

Is there an easy way to remove gapps without reflashing rom? Replacing all my apps takes forever!

Just disable Google Play Services, Google Service Framework and Google Play Store in settings/apps

No, notifications are not affected, only you will not have the services of google, playstore, gmail, etc.

So no need of GCM to receive push notification from Messenger, Viber etc?

If I install a minimal gapps except the Play Services (which takes the most resources) the google sync would work? (Contacts, calendar etc.)

There is a GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk and GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk in the gapps package.

These should be enough?

Basically my idea is install a gapps package then delete the play services. (or maybe do a customized version of the package)

Guest pakoGDLmx

So no need of GCM to receive push notification from Messenger, Viber etc?

If I install a minimal gapps except the Play Services (which takes the most resources) the google sync would work? (Contacts, calendar etc.)

There is a GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk and GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk in the gapps package.

These should be enough?

Basically my idea is install a gapps package then delete the play services. (or maybe do a customized version of the package)

That's the thing. I want to know if the push notificacions will work. For example, the exchange.apk and email.apk will work. Or the Whatsapp and FB notifications.

Will the GPS location work? or is GooglePlayServices needed for it to work?

Guest dkr84

Did someone have black screen in the last two days? With or without gapps? If not, what is your configuration(governor, io)? I tried SlimLP without gapps and it's running flawlessly but I had a problem of overheating with a couple of apps installed (basic ones that are not cpu hungry so an app is not causing overheating, but maybe it does, who knows). I wanna try this one without gapps?

Guest alexandermb

Did someone have black screen in the last two days? With or without gapps? If not, what is your configuration(governor, io)? I tried SlimLP without gapps and it's running flawlessly but I had a problem of overheating with a couple of apps installed (basic ones that are not cpu hungry so an app is not causing overheating, but maybe it does, who knows). I wanna try this one without gapps?

i Freezed gapps and i ain't got any Blackscreen yet in 3 days or 4 (i don't remember exactly) 

Interactive 245 1008

SIO

Conservative 245 1008

SIO

i use those two, mostly interactive

That's the thing. I want to know if the push notificacions will work. For example, the exchange.apk and email.apk will work. Or the Whatsapp and FB notifications.

Will the GPS location work? or is GooglePlayServices needed for it to work?

GPS will work, but approximately location don't. I tested it on my G300 about 8 months ago on CM11.

But I'm not sure about the notification and synchronization.

and without gapps we will need to sideload all apk's right?

You can use alternative software stores to simplify the app finding and installation and to keep it updated.

I would miss my purchased apps without Play Store.

But Play Store work without Play Services (just tested on stock) so I'll probably use a minimal gapps, with Play Services freezed.

Edit: Calendar, Google Keep, Gmail and Google My Tracks sync doesn't work without Play Services.

Google Keep, Gmail and My Track simply doesn't start without it. Need to find alternative for these.

Seems like Contacts and Bookmarks sync works. (also tested on stock)

Edited by rhen

I dont instal any google apps except the "google account manager" cuz this is needed for using google locations, without it some apps cant recognize ur location, and some apps rely on it for syncing contacts. and all the apps get notification except instagram.

Guest pakoGDLmx

I dont instal any google apps except the "google account manager" cuz this is needed for using google locations, without it some apps cant recognize ur location, and some apps rely on it for syncing contacts. and all the apps get notification except instagram.

I followed your tip, and installed this google account manager from aptoide, and i started receiving notifications. I don't know if was this app, but now i receive them. Without play services, now i will give this rom a second chance. 
I just noticed, the network signal is no longer draining the battery. Let's see how this go.

Guest Eriito

I followed your tip, and installed this google account manager from aptoide, and i started receiving notifications. I don't know if was this app, but now i receive them. Without play services, now i will give this rom a second chance.

I just noticed, the network signal is no longer draining the battery. Let's see how this go.

Can you show me a screenshot of the acc manager? I am in aptoide by I can't find them

Guest pakoGDLmx

Can you show me a screenshot of the acc manager? I am in aptoide by I can't find them

Here's it.

In aptoide, i found it searching: "Google account manager" as is. Check the version i installed, you can use the same and it will work :)

post-1034198-0-71862900-1430335412_thumb

Here's it.

In aptoide, i found it searching: "Google account manager" as is. Check the version i installed, you can use the same and it will work :)

This is in the gapps package. It is the GoogleLoginService.apk.

Guest Dark Cricket

What I did was install the rom of 04/15/2015, with minimal gapps, then install the latest version of Titanium Backup, and freeze 3 apps that says @fonz93

Just disable Google Play Services, Google Service Framework and Google Play Store in settings/apps

With that I have not had black screen and works very smoothly.

Guest fonz93

What I did was install the rom of 04/15/2015, with minimal gapps, then install the latest version of Titanium Backup, and freeze 3 apps that says @fonz93

With that I have not had black screen and works very smoothly.

Unfortunately i got black screen without gapps also  :(

Can i ask why the 15/04 version? it as in callui volume control broken.

Edited by fonz93