[ROM][6.0][ALL] CyanogenMod 13 [18/12/2016]

Guest chil360

Guest knoelli
8 hours ago, adeii said:

Thanks for your offer, I would like that if it's not bothering to you. Assume you use xUltimate for deodexing?

I used the "Deodexer for Android Runtime" from Valery Studenikin to deodex the rom. It used to work quite good in the past and didn't disappoint with the latest MM roms, however some manual adjust to some file paths before deodexing is required.

I uploaded the rom to the following address: https://yadi.sk/d/pNaWfgHLq4Q9c
I flashed this version using TWRP, doing a wipe of dalvik+cache+system beforehand. Note that the first boot will take quite some time...

Guest adeii
On 10. март 2016. at 5:37 PM, knoelli said:

I uploaded the rom to the following address: https://yadi.sk/d/pNaWfgHLq4Q9c
I flashed this version using TWRP, doing a wipe of dalvik+cache+system beforehand. Note that the first boot will take quite some time...

Thank you very much, knoelli, I'll try it very soon!

update:

It works! Xposed FWork v80 installed, most of modules used in KK work on MM.

Tried to link/symlink sdext2 partition (exactly: /dev/block/vold/179:34) to "public:179_34" and than mount - but no luck.

Also tried to mount /mnt/media_rw/....-....-....-....... to /data/sdext2 - but no luck again. Apps2SD done the job!

Every booting is long, with "system has stop working" notify but nevermind. Thank you for deOdexing CM13!

Edited by adeii

Guest dmitr
On 09.03.2016 at 7:55 PM, knoelli said:

I think it's time for another update of my usage experience with the latest version of this rom.

My setup:
As always, I installed the rom after wiping system, cache & dalvik. In order to be able to install Xposed, I deodexed the rom before flashing it. I also disabled the boot animation in build.prop to slightly speed up the boot process. Apps are stored on a SD-card (using Apps2SD) and I created a 1GB swap partition (also on SD) and disabled ZRam. Kernel Adiutor is set up to raise the minimum cpu frequency and change the governor to avoid any black screen issues. I did not install any gapps.

Speed:
Everyday usage is very smooth. Most apps open almost instantly (except for some huge apps like Shazam or Office). AOSP keyboard is very fluent. Sometimes there's a small lag between closing the lock screen and showing the app launcher, but even that is hardly noticable and no problem at all. As I don't play games on my mobile, I can't say how it performs there. First boot took a really long time, but that's due to deodexing the rom.

Stability:
Today I had a random reboot while the phone was idle (screen off). But apart from that, the rom is running very stable. I didn't encounter any black screen issues so far, neither during the last days with the latest rom, nor with any previous version. Battery drain, an issue I had with earlier versions, seems to have improved a lot - I can now go ~ 2 days with medium usage. The percentage no longer drops every few seconds while the screen is on, so whatever caused problems earlier seems to have been fixed.

Issues:
There are currently only two issues for me that cause problems:

• The camera does work after a reboot but soon after has problems. Either the app is closed immediately after starting it (for example the app included with this rom), or the preview is shown but I get an error or FC after taking a picture (for example with OpenCamera). There's a lot of pages describing camera problems with CM, but all those fixes did not change the problem for me (neither the one replacing the camera drivers + app nor the suggestion to kill the mediaserver in order to unlock the camera again). Currently I'm using the app "zte.com.cn.camera" for which I modified the manifest to request "largeHeap" and set the maximum resolution to 2MP - this seems to be the best solution so far, works most of the time (and in case it doesn't, it magically recovers after some time, even without a reboot)
  • WiFi isn't stable at all. I can connect to my router (an AVM FritzBox), but after a few seconds, the connection is lost. There exists a patched kernel by "Dmitry Sergeev" on VK which is supposed to fix the WiFi problem but it doesn't do any good for me. However, the problem might be a general Marshmallow one and not be specific to our device. There's an open issue on Android's bugtracker >here<, it seems that Android disconnects WiFi if it doesn't receive a response to 3 subsequent unicast arp requests to the router. The logcat entries from the bugtracker are very similiar to mine, I also get "LOST_PROVISIONING" and "NUD_FAILED" errors once the connection gets dropped. Somewhere I found information that disabling IPv6 might fix this, but my attempts in this direction did not give any positive results. So WiFi might be stable for some, but isn't for others as long as Google doesn't fix this problem in Android.

@chil360 In a previous post I asked, if you could add a patch for signature faking in order to use microG. Since I deodexed the rom I was able to use the Xposed module for signature faking and install and set up microG + location providers, but it is (currently) not working all too well, i.e. apps that use the location service crash. So, at least for me, the patch isn't really required anymore. Anyway, I just wanted to thank you again for your continuous work on this rom so we can enjoy the latest Marshmallow on our rather dated device ;)

I'm not sure if deodexing from within the running rom can be achieved, but I deodexed on my windows machine before flashing. That method works just fine, and I was able to install and use Xposed without problems. If you are interested, I can upload the deodexed rom so you can try for yourself.

I Dmitry Sergeyev. And I repeat only English that kernel for slimlp beta 15 cm13 is not (PATCH) this Repack kernel for см13. And I did not write that Wi-Fi will be stable I wrote that it may be unstable! So it's not a Patch. As you have stated.

Guest dmitr

Уже для всех напишу.

I Dmitry Sergeyev. And I repeat only English that kernel for slimlp beta 15 cm13 is not (PATCH) this Repack kernel for см13. And I did not write that Wi-Fi will be stable I wrote that it may be unstable! So it's not a Patch. As you have stated.

Guest knoelli
50 minutes ago, dmitr said:

Oh, sorry to have misunderstood. That is the problem if one (in this case me) doesn't speak the language and uses google translate. On VK I found your repacked kernel with the comment "Wifi вроде стабилен.", which google translates to "Wifi seems stable". So I assumed, due to your patched repacked LP-kernel, that WiFi should possibly be fixed. However, like I wrote in my previous post, the WiFi problem - at least the one I encouter - seems to be some general MM problem in some phone/router/... combinations, so hopefully there'll be a fix sometime by google...

Guest dmitr
5 hours ago, knoelli said:

Oh, sorry to have misunderstood. That is the problem if one (in this case me) doesn't speak the language and uses google translate. On VK I found your repacked kernel with the comment "Wifi вроде стабилен.", which google translates to "Wifi seems stable". So I assumed, due to your patched repacked LP-kernel, that WiFi should possibly be fixed. However, like I wrote in my previous post, the WiFi problem - at least the one I encouter - seems to be some general MM problem in some phone/router/... combinations, so hopefully there'll be a fix sometime by google...

Ahh sorry then everything is clear. And really wifi is stable but I changed the memory seats. And I will advise you not to use google translate and best of all Yandex translator. But if you need the kernel for slimlp cm13 without substitution in the vk go to my build cm13 and view the archive and download the kernel from the archive.

Guest acdev

Fixes for Atheros6k WiFi: https://github.com/jsr-d9/android_hardware_atheros_wifi_ath6kl/commits/d9
Download speed: 25 Mbps
Upload speed: 15 Mbps
Absolutely stable WiFi connect.

Fixes for RIL (Voice and Data): https://github.com/jsr-d9/android_hardware_ril-legacy/commits/cm-13.0

For unknown reason chil360 ignored this patches.

Edited by acdev

Guest blind Pete

HI,

I have recently gone from KK to LP to MM on a G510.  There are a few problems; the phone is network locked (that is not a ROM problem, it is a bureaucracy problem), there is now no SIM in the phone. 

The phone is now not properly rooted.  Is that something that I have done, or does the phone need to be re-rooted after an upgrade? 

The developer options seem to be missing. 

Some processes stopped, launcher3, I think, and a couple of others that I forget now. 

Thanks in advance.

Guest dmitr
22 hours ago, acdev said:

Fixes for Atheros6k WiFi: https://github.com/jsr-d9/android_hardware_atheros_wifi_ath6kl/commits/d9
Download speed: 25 Mbps
Upload speed: 15 Mbps
Absolutely stable WiFi connect.

Fixes for RIL (Voice and Data): https://github.com/jsr-d9/android_hardware_ril-legacy/commits/cm-13.0

For unknown reason chil360 ignored this patches.

Привет, скинь пожалуйста готовые файлы wifi.

Guest acdev
5 hours ago, Kiodo1981 said:

What is the max CPU freq in G510? @chil360  Is it possibile to add oveclock, please?

Possible overclock CPU freq up to 1046 MHz.
See this patch: https://github.com/SlimLP-Y300/chil360-kernel/commit/bf6d65c5a7c48bf9cc100b8357e7cb737da66d32

Video of using CM13 on msm8225 1.4GHzhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7KIU9CogCoNanF1cDUxZ290T3M/view?usp=sharing
Kernel and CM13 by chil360.
Video encoded by AVC codec (very hardest for CPU).

Guest Chaser Seraphim

Constant wifi disconnect/re-connect all time when downloading file (the last update 13.03.2016. u8951 - G510)...!??

Thanx anyway!

2016_03_16_19.57.48.png

Edited by Chaser Seraphim

Guest ansonboy

Flashed the latest firmware, and having 2 major problem,

1.  Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String android.os.storage.VolumeInfo.getId()' on a null object reference

- SD card always corrupted when running format as internal memory.

2. Camera easily failed to operate.

Please help....

Anyway, this rom is better than lollipop which i flashed before.

Thanks ^^

Guest Chaser Seraphim
2 hours ago, ansonboy said:

Another problem is Mobile data availability have to wait very long time after the activation.

For mobile data turn on airplane mode, wait few seconds then turn off...

Guest Chaser Seraphim
11 hours ago, ansonboy said:

Flashed the latest firmware, and having 2 major problem,

1.  Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String android.os.storage.VolumeInfo.getId()' on a null object reference

- SD card always corrupted when running format as internal memory.

2. Camera easily failed to operate.

Please help....

Anyway, this rom is better than lollipop which i flashed before.

Thanks ^^

Alternative for camera: 

Install MX Camera, run, press start recording then take snapshot! ;)

2016_03_20_14.17.28.png

Guest ferotakis

EDIT : IM BLIND (-.-)

EDIT2 : i cant install rom its just sit on installing and then show filed . Updated TWR to 2.7.1.0 - still no luck ... :(

Edited by ferotakis

Guest Jairus1998
On 3/20/2016 at 6:05 AM, ferotakis said:

EDIT : IM BLIND (-.-)

EDIT2 : i cant install rom its just sit on installing and then show filed . Updated TWR to 2.7.1.0 - still no luck ... :(

Installation takes time because chil360 is not using blocks. It can take up to 5 mins or more so please wait.

Guest anotherjib

With the last version (20.03.16) I am stuck: on first boot, it connects to the internet, then checks connection, says cannot connect to the internet, and the option to skip is greyed out.
I can go back to "Select Wi-Fi network", then there is an option to skip (although I am connected, notification icon showing there is some problem with it), if I skip it gives the warning, if I skip anyway, it again says can't connect with the greyed out option to skip, and returns me to the previous ("Select Wi-Fi network") screen. At that screen, I also can tap on my connection and choose to forget it, but then the option to skip greys out on this screen too.

I also managed to switch to airplane mode and back through adb, this does not help, everything remains the same.

Same repeats after reboot.

Can I escape this somehow?

LATER

Finally managed to bypass this by calling settings from adb and configuring access point so I accessed internet through cellular network.
However there certainly is a problem here.

Also there are some further problems - apps2sd cannot access second partition of my sd card, there were no problems with this in previous releases

STILL LATER

Apps2sd now works, just a reboot helped. Did not lose wifi so far

And again later -

Had some black screens with this version, never had them with previous ones

Edited by anotherjib

Guest Johnmendez

I was finally able to create a fix for the bug two weeks black screen is excellent testeando and I want to give it to upload it chil360