[ROM][6.0][ALL] CyanogenMod 13 [18/12/2016]

Guest chil360

59 minutes ago, Nemesix2 said:

For example, Geometry Dash in Kitkat works surprisingly well, whereas in LP it lags every 2 seconds

Slimkat is a good option.

Funny, I also use Geometry Dash to test gaming performance. :-)  Oh, and project ara is the third best working firmware, after the Stock-Rom based AOSP Mod and the Stock-Rom itself. I'm still testing it. 

Guest Nemesix2

@Alias Yes, I find testing performance with Geometry Dash great.

Hmm as far as I've tested, the stock rom feels VERY slow and unstable for me. Status bar dissapeared every time I tried to do "heavy" tasks, the phone freezed up very often, and sometimes the apps restarted themselves, even the launcher. I haven't tried the AOSP mod of the stock rom, I guess I'll have to try it out.

If you want some extra speed in Ara, install Nova Launcher, and flash some Tweaks like L Speed Booster or any other init.d script. That worked for me.

Oh, and I forgot to ask. I have the Orange variant of the G510 (the Daytona) and every ROM I try seems to be slow (some are slower, some are faster) but they ALL feel uncomfortable and not smooth. I can see every other G510/Y300 working smoothly even on the Emotion UI. Is there ANY reason for that? The phone just came at that state when I got it. That's the reason why I am trying so many ROMs.

@Nemesix2

Actually, I use my new phone, the Moto G 2014, because my Y300 became very slow after one and a half year of use. But after I got the new phone, I had no scruple to try all sorts of roms on it anymore. I guess, the main reason why it became so slow was the amount of junk on my device. It was much faster after a factory reset (EMUI can also be very fluid). Later, I tried B209, the stock-firmware with the Heartbleed-fix. It's even a little bit better. I installed it with dload. Have you ever tried to reinstall your firmware? You will lose your Custom Recovery, but it could help. 

Back to my "story". After that, I tested CM 10.2, CM11, SlimKat, SlimLP and some other Roms, because I prefer Vanilla Android. But all of them ran worse than the Stock Rom. Finally, I found my favourit, the AOSP-Mod. With this rom, it runs like a rooted Nexus 7 on it's early days.  xD  I can only recommend it.  http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/372741-rom411b209-aosp-mod-28022015/

Is it possible that hardware is damaged in any way? Okay, it's a little bit unlikely. 

Edited by Alias

Guest Nemesix2

@Alias Yes I did, I factory-reseted my phone two or three times in the past, and I also did the dload method one time, but that didn't help me at all. I know bloatware can be very annoying, but removing bloatware was not effective. Maybe I have a defective phone? I don't think so, but who knows, it's just speculations :O

Hmm I'll try the AOSP mod. I also prefer Vanilla Android, custom UIs are not of my interest. In particular, I totally hate Samsung's ROMs.

About the damage of hardware, I don't find that very likely to occur, but... again, who knows.

If you want to save about  17 seconds booting your phone you can disable bootanimation.This process on my phone eats 30% of cpu.

I disabled boot animation modifying build.prop adding on last line

debug.sf.nobootanimation=1

Then doing a FULL reboot.

With boot animation 22" with huaweii ascend logo then 1'18" with bootanimation= 1'40"

Without 1'01" with huaweii ascend logo then 22" black screen= 1'23"

13 hours ago, Nemesix2 said:

Hmm I'll try the AOSP mod. I also prefer Vanilla Android, custom UIs are not of my interest. In particular, I totally hate Samsung's ROMs.

Who are you? If have exactly the same opinion, again and again.  xD

13 hours ago, Nemesix2 said:

Sorry, I'm unable to remove this.  xD

Edited by Alias

Guest Nemesix2

@Alias Hi, I've been trying the AOSP mod you told me to take a look. I get random reboots, bootlogo stays for a very long time and overall performance is good, but stability is pretty weak. So I'm going back to Ara, waiting for a more stable version of @chil360's CM13 ;)

I can't get Link2SD work... when I try to create script I got an error.

Here the solution or at least the idea to get it work.

The relevant script is (corrected)

cd /etc/init.d/
su
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mmcblk0p17 /system
echo “#!/system/bin/sh” > ./11link2sd
echo "mount -t ext2 -o bind /dev/block/vold/public:179,34 /data/sdext2/" >>./11link2sd
chmod 750 ./11link2sd

the third row is modified getting the mount point from 

df | grep system

Filesystem                    1K-blocks     Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/block/mmcblk0p17           1032088   863988    168100  84% /system

and on 5 line getting the info from link2sd message (it seems that link2sd uses semicolon instead of comma 179:34) and searching with df

df | grep 34

/dev/block/vold/public:179,34   1015496    58026    957470   6% /mnt/runtime/default/fcd4dfe4-ca35-d101-b0d4-cce4ca35d101

Hope this helps (at least me next time that I get into this problem :-D)

2 hours ago, Nemesix2 said:

I get random reboots, bootlogo stays for a very long time and overall performance is good, but stability is pretty weak.

Hmm, it's Stock-Rom based, so it was no surprise that it works as fine as the Stock-Rom on my and as bad on your device. But I hoped to hear something different. That's a pity. 

Guest Arbab Irfan
On 12/12/2015 at 0:41 AM, Alias said:

Funny, I also use Geometry Dash to test gaming performance. :-)  Oh, and project ara is the third best working firmware, after the Stock-Rom based AOSP Mod and the Stock-Rom itself. I'm still testing it. 

I tried both roms Asop Mod b209 by H3ro and ARA by David_vaz, both rom and very good, and Nemesix2 you really need to refresh your device, just flash stock rom with dlod, it will refresh your device, then you need to install recovery again.. 

Edited by Arbab Irfan

Guest Risch808

hi!

thx for all that great work to @chil360 and all dev.!

cant found this file: /system/lib/libjni_latinimegoogle.so on my y300-0100
root enabled, i use the newest version of this cm13 + the open source pico arm gapps.
got every 10 sec keyb. fail

with cm13 and pico gapps from 23.11. everythings runs perfect.
since cm13 from  29.11 with pico gapps i got keyb. fc.

now i use the pico gapps from 13.11., it runs with every cm13 version for my phone

please help me

sorry for my poor english =P

Guest Louis4ever
can anyone show me a pics of the rom? this rom have good performance?

The ROM is in an early stage, so it won't have a total a completely good performance, but this doesn't means it has a bad performance.

At my personal opinion, has a relative good performance, but isn't ready for daily use.

Guest Chris_fenty
El 18/11/2015 a las 1:32 de la tarde, chil360 dijo:Tengi2/2015

Tengo instalalada la versión 18/11/2015 y al querer inslatar la version 13/12/2015 me da error "detect file/system exte4 mm... etc 17"

"detect file/system exte4 mm... etc 17"

Porfavor ayudame a solucionarlo