[DEV][ROM][7.2.] LineageOS 13 (Android 6.0.1) for Huawei Y5

Guest KonstaT

Guest anmr2380

as I said earlier, my Y560-l23 when using any application I no longer much heat the processor with this ROM update but still happening in cm12.1 heating dedusco ..... then some of this:
  10.8. changelog:

GPS update HAL to LA.BR.1.2.6_rb1.2
     GPS use proprietary blobs and configs from crackling
     CM's new off mode charging screen (1.2)
     Android security patch level 5 August 2016 (merged)

You are responsible for that change

Guest Alonso98
On 3/9/2016 at 1:07 AM, KonstaT said:

Well, that's surprising if RTC alarms work with CM12.1 but not here. :o I'll look into it. (Edit. Tested. AFAICT it's not working with CM12.1. Does it even work with stock? Edit2. Nevermind. It works with CM12.1 if you just set the alarm far enough.) Doze needs sensor driver/HAL to support significant motion sensor. We don't have one so doze is not enabled.

I've written couple of dozen emails to Huawei requesting the kernel source over the past nine months. Even provided technical evidence how the kernel sources they've released are incomplete. They've only responeded me once - that was when the second incomplete source was released. It's like my emails go straight to /dev/null. ;)

Oh about doze, I've been using greenify and turned on the aggressive doze option and according to a greenify notification option, it was working so I suppose it's possible to have doze working with greenify.

Guest KonstaT
16 hours ago, anmr2380 said:

as I said earlier, my Y560-l23 when using any application I no longer much heat the processor with this ROM update but still happening in cm12.1 heating dedusco ..... then some of this:
  10.8. changelog:

GPS update HAL to LA.BR.1.2.6_rb1.2
     GPS use proprietary blobs and configs from crackling
     CM's new off mode charging screen (1.2)
     Android security patch level 5 August 2016 (merged)

You are responsible for that change

I haven't received any reports about any overheating issues. And I highly doubt there's anything 'fixed' in that regard in CM13 (or in the latest CM13 build) - even quite the opposite. CM12.1 is still pretty good considering because it's the same Android version as the stock firmware - CM13 is more hacked together for the reasons stated before. Anything moving forward would be even worse.

I'm not going to use Marshmallow GPS HAL and binary blobs on Lollipop. Only reason I updated it here was because there was some reports that GPS and mobile data combination caused a reboot (which is now apparently fixed as no one has complained?). Security patch level is what is merged to CyanogenMod at the time of the build. It's partly an illusion anyway as I can't merge kernel patches for known vulnerabilities.

10 hours ago, Alonso98 said:

Oh about doze, I've been using greenify and turned on the aggressive doze option and according to a greenify notification option, it was working so I suppose it's possible to have doze working with greenify.

Not like it's supposed to work of course. The whole purpose of doze is to have it when device is idle - not all the time.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest Alonso98
4 hours ago, macio525 said:

@KonstaT You will try to build CM14 for this phone?

He already stated that due to huawei not releasing the kernel source, he won't do it because it would be making an unstable rom. I've been using the Android-N-ify xposed module to have nice features from android nougat, if you want cm 14, you can try that

Guest Dawidus520

@KonstaT Tested new build (10.8), and everything works fine, apart one thing. When I turn off phone, there's no way to turn it on back. Only method is remove battery for ~1-2 mins.This is really annoying bug, but I have no idea why it occurs. 

Edited by Dawidus520

Guest macio525
14 hours ago, Dawidus520 said:

@KonstaT Tested new build (10.8), and everything works fine, apart one thing. When I turn off phone, there's no way to turn it on back. Only method is remove battery for ~1-2 mins.This is really annoying bug, but I have no idea why it occurs. 

i dont have this bug

Guest KonstaT
21 hours ago, macio525 said:

@KonstaT You will try to build CM14 for this phone?

Already kind of answered this couple of times. There would be no problem with this if we had the kernel source. IMO it's not worth it otherwise. There's already pretty severe repercussion running CM13 with prebuilt Lollipop kernel and it's going to be even worse with Nougat. I'm still stupid enough to probably try it at some point but I have no idea if it ever be something worth releasing. 

I'm late to the Nougat party anyway. I haven't even downloaded Nougat sources yet (already have Android source x 5 on my HDD and really need to clear some space). This would be my eighth new Android version bringing up and it's not as exciting as it used to be. I don't need to be first guy in the world run something new on specific platform/hardware (been there, done that ;)). I have no reason to release half-assed semi-working builds either.

Great thing about open source is that there's nothing stopping you from doing this yourself. :)

16 hours ago, Dawidus520 said:

Can't reproduce such issue. Something wrong at your end.

Guest Dawidus520
7 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Can't reproduce such issue. Something wrong at your end.

It might be because of new offline charging? And of SuperSU flashable ZIP? I forgot to add, that bug occurs after first configuration (setup wizard). Before, when i just install ROM and turn off phone, i can turn it on with no problems. That's why i didn't expect something like SuperSU or what.

Guest KonstaT
7 hours ago, Dawidus520 said:

It might be because of new offline charging? And of SuperSU flashable ZIP? I forgot to add, that bug occurs after first configuration (setup wizard). Before, when i just install ROM and turn off phone, i can turn it on with no problems. That's why i didn't expect something like SuperSU or what.

You're not even supposed to install SuperSU zip! It's only going to break CM's built-in root management. See FAQ, third post.

Make sure you've followed installation instructions, also on the third post of this thread.

Guest Dawidus520
7 hours ago, KonstaT said:

You're not even supposed to install SuperSU zip! It's only going to break CM's built-in root management. See FAQ, third post.

Make sure you've followed installation instructions, also on the third post of this thread.

I read it already, but I always flash SuperSU zip and never gives me any problems. Anyway, can I install it normally, as an app? Because I prefer using SuperSU instead of built-in CM's root management.

Guest KonstaT
2 hours ago, Dawidus520 said:

I read it already, but I always flash SuperSU zip and never gives me any problems. Anyway, can I install it normally, as an app? Because I prefer using SuperSU instead of built-in CM's root management.

Just saying it's most likely caused by some third party app/tweak/hack you've installed it yourself since no one else can reproduce this. Start with a clean installation and trace your steps. It really isn't my problem anymore if you've decided to install SuperSU/Xposed/init.d scripts/root apps that modify default behavior/etc that are known to cause issues. I still maintain my 'no wipe, no whine' policy. If you want to report an issue, you should be able to reproduce it on a clean installation and don't forget to attach appropriate logs (logcat, dmesg).

What's there to prefer in SuperSU? CM's built-in root management works perfectly, it's fully integrated into the ROM, and most importantly it's open source. SuperSU has always been closed source and it was sold to a pretty much unknown Chinese company about a year ago...

Guest anmr2380

someone help me with this I came procegui me this and according to the images;

55a5706e6b3e13eba5bf90e94a8d49ee.jpg

7d205fb1ad15f2c9362c4874e32d098b.jpg

815358ca29704b255891d50c20da01a8.jpg

I mean create a partition on my sd ext4 and want to put as internal as in the image ..... my question is I will format all sd or just the ext4 partition ????? someone who has done that

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, ismailezzaki96 said:

there is new cmkernel for y5

No, that's boot image from my cm-12.1-20160420-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-y560 build!!! Also TWRP posted in the same needrom page is built by me!

Looks like some asshole has just taken my work and posted as his/her own! I'm so fscking pissed off right now.

Edited by KonstaT

Thanks for the Rom KonstaT,

I have 1 problem my device is forever scanning SD card for errors and I cant access my folders from internal storage only once I remove my sd card and reboot device then all works fine without it. could this problem be caused by my SD cards formatting or because I have previously partitioned it(16gb partitioned to 13gb storage and 1.7gb ext) which I've used with link2sd?

On 9/12/2016 at 5:37 PM, NOLIVAX said:

Thanks for the Rom KonstaT,

I have 1 problem my device is forever scanning SD card for errors and I cant access my folders from internal storage only once I remove my sd card and reboot device then all works fine without it. could this problem be caused by my SD cards formatting or because I have previously partitioned it(16gb partitioned to 13gb storage and 1.7gb ext) which I've used with link2sd?

Most definitely some issue with your sdcard. You could try formatting it again (backup your data first of course).

Guest AnaLovesAndroid

Hello,

Forst of all I would like to thank you for the amount of work you've put into this and congratulate you.

I installed this rom on my Y5 and I am pretty satisfied with the looks and feel, basically it's a smaller nexus. However, I've been having some trouble with the overall performance of this phone. It's a SD 201 so I am not expecting much, and obviously 1 GB of ram is not helping. However, this is very slow for me and i can't type properly due to lag, so you can imagine how slow it is. However, when I installed your rom I kind of cheated :P Instead of installing pico GAPPS I installed the stock package because well, I wanted the full Nexus experience I guess. Is this causing the slow down? Should I try the pico or will I get the same kind of performance? Thanks!

2 hours ago, AnaLovesAndroid said:

Hello,

Forst of all I would like to thank you for the amount of work you've put into this and congratulate you.

I installed this rom on my Y5 and I am pretty satisfied with the looks and feel, basically it's a smaller nexus. However, I've been having some trouble with the overall performance of this phone. It's a SD 201 so I am not expecting much, and obviously 1 GB of ram is not helping. However, this is very slow for me and i can't type properly due to lag, so you can imagine how slow it is. However, when I installed your rom I kind of cheated :P Instead of installing pico GAPPS I installed the stock package because well, I wanted the full Nexus experience I guess. Is this causing the slow down? Should I try the pico or will I get the same kind of performance? Thanks!

I can't reproduce any lag with keyboard. Please follow installation instructions on the third post of this thread.

I wouldn't recommend using Full/Stock gapps. I don't see why you would need to add all that Google bloat when you can just use the smallest gapps and install whatever additional Google apps from the Play Store. This way you don't end up with two copies of apps as they're eventually updated anyway (one in /system and another one in /data). This device also has quite small /data partition (~4.5gb) and would be interesting to know how much you even have left after ROM + Stock gapps (Y5 Hardware Info -> MENU -> Partition info)?

Stock gapps also replaces quite a few system apps so it essentially breaks CM features built into those apps (launcher, dialer, camera, etc). Also AOSP keyboard is replaced by Google Keyboard...

Guest Dark Shadow 420

Konsta when we will recieve the new CM14 rom for huawei y560-l01 or how to port one cm14 ?? v curious to see this rom for this devices help us

Edited by Dark Shadow 420

36 minutes ago, Dark Shadow 420 said:

Konsta when we will recieve the new CM14 rom for huawei y560-l01 or how to port one cm14 ?? v curious to see this rom for this devices help us

Around the same time noobs learn to read instead of asking questions that are asked and answered several times already... :P

Guest Dark Shadow 420
12 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

Around the same time noobs learn to read instead of asking questions that are asked and answered several times already... :P

opps.. sry bt was that much curious

1 hour ago, TurkMan said:

Does it work at huawei Y560-u02 ?

No. It's a completely different device with completely different hardware (Qualcomm vs. Spreadtrum chipsets).