Jump to content
chil360

[ROM][6.0][ALL] CyanogenMod 13 [18/12/2016]

Recommended Posts

On Sunday June 26, 2016 at 2:49 PM, chil360 said:

I had kind of given up on Slim. Since their 'Slim Zombie' phase (see 'Slim Zombie?' post on https://slimroms.org/), they haven't released any official build for any device and the development has been incredibly slow. But now, they have just started publishing official weekly builds of Slim6 for a few devices - although there's hardly any features added to it yet. I have made a test build for the Y300 but haven't decided if I want to publish it yet. One reason is that I cannot fully test it as I no longer have a correct sized sim card (I now have a Moto G which uses a micro sim). I know I could get an adaptor but I just haven't so far and I don't want damage my micro sim by trying to use it in my Y300.

If there is interest, I could publish a build of Slim6 or at least publish the device tree changes so someone else could build & support it.

Can you please rebuild Slim6 for Y300 from actual Slim source? :)

I use your Slim-u8833-6.0.1.build.1.0-UNOFFICIAL-20160829-1143.zip downloaded from your mega... almost month and is very stable and usable for me, sure better that CM13...

Before i use your SlimLP builds and in Slim6 i miss only 2 function... "power on using volume button" and "slimaction - switch to/from fullscreen"...

 

btw: i'm not using for primary phone, not with sim card, only as "small tablet" with LIghting browser, Kore (KODI remote) and app for local IPTV provider, but daily use last year

 

anyway thanks for all your work :)
 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, k3dAR7 said:

Can you please rebuild Slim6 for Y300 from actual Slim source? :)

I use your Slim-u8833-6.0.1.build.1.0-UNOFFICIAL-20160829-1143.zip downloaded from your mega... almost month and is very stable and usable for me, sure better that CM13...

Before i use your SlimLP builds and in Slim6 i miss only 2 function... "power on using volume button" and "slimaction - switch to/from fullscreen"...

 

btw: i'm not using for primary phone, not with sim card, only as "small tablet" with LIghting browser, Kore (KODI remote) and app for local IPTV provider, but daily use last year

 

anyway thanks for all your work :)
 

Can you put the link to slim6?

Sounds interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, k3dAR7 said:

Can you please rebuild Slim6 for Y300 from actual Slim source? :)

I use your Slim-u8833-6.0.1.build.1.0-UNOFFICIAL-20160829-1143.zip downloaded from your mega... almost month and is very stable and usable for me, sure better that CM13...

Before i use your SlimLP builds and in Slim6 i miss only 2 function... "power on using volume button" and "slimaction - switch to/from fullscreen"...

That's great! There is a 30/09 version there! Eager to try it.

Could somebody advise which gapps would be most suitable for it? Slimgapps 6.x links are dead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, chil360 said:

@k3dAR7  I've made a new build of Slim6 for Y300 from the latest sources (Slim6 1.5) and it is available at mega now.

many thanks :-) flashed right now... working, answer from it :-)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20160925

WIFI: Unstable

SIM: unplug after "airplane" mode 

Dialer and contacts i do not have issues yet

SWAP and Ext partition on SD is not supported (somebody knows why?)

swap script and link2sd do not work (mountint error)

LAG on block screen

Integrated Camera and OpenCamera (my favorite app for photo): works very good 

edit: Snapchat,  Photo (all lenses od the day available) works fine once then many lags - Video does not work

Whatsapp: Work fine, i still do no  not try to call

Instagram, Facebook lite, Duolingo, Memrise  working fine

Smart Launcher "Pro" works fine but sometimes presents LAG

DOlphin Browser: works but sometimes presents  lag and sporadic crashes 

edit  MSQRD : Filters available, but take photo with them once only and video does not work 

 

 

 

Edited by boltspectrum
Snapchat and msqrd bugs in secound day
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/11/2015 at 0:02 AM, chil360 said:

Hi i am from xda and i need a small help in porting ion to kernel my device is GT-I8552 and uses msm7627a hw

i have cherry-picked some commits from your github repo but i am new to this hw so i tought better to take some advice from some good devs like you :D https://github.com/I8552-cm11/android_kernel_arubaslim

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2016 at 6:43 PM, chil360 said:

@k3dAR7  I've made a new build of Slim6 for Y300 from the latest sources (Slim6 1.5) and it is available at mega now.

Your slim6 is fabulous! Very smooth, stable except for dialer (truedialer works fine).

Keyboard needs same treatment as cm13 to work (anysoftkeyboard is fine but something needs to be done to bypass wifi password stage of the setup wizard anyway)

Discovered later: unfortunately there is one serious problem with calls. No matter whether incoming or outgoing, after few seconds voice of the contact briefly goes to the external speaker, then returns back to normal, but from that moment on the contact cannot hear me anymore (I hear the contact clearly).

Edited by anotherjib

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, boltspectrum said:

20160925

WIFI: Unstable

SIM: unplug after "airplane" mode 

Dialer and contacts i do not have issues yet

SWAP and Ext partition on SD is not supported (somebody knows why?)

swap script and link2sd do not work (mountint error)

LAG on block screen

Integrated Camera and OpenCamera (my favorite app for photo): works very good 

Snapchat, MSQRD: Photo (normal and mask or lenses) works fine - Video does not work

Whatsapp: Work fine, i still do no  not try to call

Instagram, Facebook lite, Duolingo, Memrise  working fine

Smart Launcher "Pro" works fine but sometimes presents LAG

DOlphin Browser: works but sometimes presents  lag and sporadic crashes 

On y300 wifi is ok, sim reboot message appears but it is ok just to ignore it, dialer force closes when trying to dial any number or contact name, external sd partitions work fine if in portable storage mode, apps2sd works without problems, cameras (tried several) work only once, then always fc. Did not try many apps, native browser works, quickoffice is very laggy

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

02/10 works fine, and I also accidentally discovered that both dialer and camera crashes were caused by dpi. I always switched to 160 or 180, dialer and camera work with 200 or more.

Update - camera still stops working after a while, don't know why. Dialer works stably with dpi 200 or more

Edited by anotherjib

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@chil360

Slim6 is great ROM but it has one big bug, when talk to someone (when I call someone or someone calls me) I can hear everyone perfectly but other side hear my every 10-th word I say, while viber calls works fine.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please tell Chill360 about some problems in Slim6:
- non-working camera (it works again only when reboot phone)
- no-working microphone in calls
- the phone often turn on Speakerphone itself in calls
(y300, no gapps)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love to know if there's a way to watch videos with the rom, using mx player and codecs wouldn't work? I'm sorry, I'm new to this, thanks for the roms, I've downloaded lots of them and this one's nice. I'd love to see more improvements

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2016 at 10:26 AM, Garlast said:

I'd love to know if there's a way to watch videos with the rom, using mx player and codecs wouldn't work? I'm sorry, I'm new to this, thanks for the roms, I've downloaded lots of them and this one's nice. I'd love to see more improvements

Apparently, when I restart the phone or just turn it on and after a while I turn it on again, it always says, adnroid is starting, optimizing app 8 of 9 and sort of sticks in google play services optimizing but then I restarts normally (I can't use it x.x) It0s slimrom lastest by the way 10/10/2016

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Garlast said:

Apparently, when I restart the phone or just turn it on and after a while I turn it on again, it always says, adnroid is starting, optimizing app 8 of 9 and sort of sticks in google play services optimizing but then I restarts normally (I can't use it x.x) It0s slimrom lastest by the way 10/10/2016

intergrate updated apps (from /data) into /system, use Link2SD for that. (Use Apps2SD for mounting 2nd SD partition if needed)
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys, currently using slim6 1.5 which is a big step ahead of the previous stock build. Still, I am also struggling with calls. Any idea if there will be more up2date builds?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, siyman said:

Thanks guys, currently using slim6 1.5 which is a big step ahead of the previous stock build. Still, I am also struggling with calls. Any idea if there will be more up2date builds?

I hate it because the rom is awesome, the battery life is superb but the calling problems is terrible

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16/10 has some several second freezes, but seems to be quite stable. Dialer works on 200 dpi. Camera still force closes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

offtopic, sorry, but I have to ask. what is generaly problem with FM Radio on LP/MM/N ? Conflit between caf-audio and qcom-audio? i got fm tuner that works, but no audio at all

(w/ nor w/o dsp/audiofx/viper fx)...

 

Screenshot_20161018-210041.png

Screenshot_20161019-102314.png

Edited by adeii

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.