Jump to content

Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms


Guest dakok
 Share

Recommended Posts

Guest jakethedooggg
1 hour ago, jakethedooggg said: Battery is removable at some point, because you can take out the back of the phone (for a wifi fix). 

As described here I guess?

http://www.movilesdualsim.com/tema/wifi-debil-letv-x600-solucion-hardware-guia-fotos-nuevas.109056/

Yeah, as you can see it's "easily" replaceable, but I don't know how hard it could be, doesn't looks like it's connected like normal batteries. I'll see someday if I have to apply that wifi fix... atm is working fine, not as good as the Coolpad but almost.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest firuromania

To 

Jpower73

AMOI ROM:To put it simple:

-Best ROM for Coolpad F1-simpler than EmUI3.0 by ATX-

-for a phone almost end of life,that is amazing-

-Display is crisp and vivid,best of

-Sound is unbelievable,best of

-Minor bugs-numbers are not recognized after importing vcf files from EmUI,it uses another spacing scheme and advanced settings remains in Chinese after flashing your patch-

-Battery is amazing,better than any ROM.

So this is the gag-best ROM is a ported ROM from an almost unknown phone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest jorgespfear
To 

Jpower73

AMOI ROM:To put it simple:

-Best ROM for Coolpad F1-simpler than EmUI3.0 by ATX-

-for a phone almost end of life,that is amazing-

-Display is crisp and vivid,best of

-Sound is unbelievable,best of

-Minor bugs-numbers are not recognized after importing vcf files from EmUI,it uses another spacing scheme and advanced settings remains in Chinese after flashing your patch-

-Battery is amazing,better than any ROM.

So this is the gag-best ROM is a ported ROM from an almost unknown phone.

Is it multilanguage?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Jpower73
6 hours ago, firuromania said:

To 

Jpower73

AMOI ROM:To put it simple:

-Best ROM for Coolpad F1-simpler than EmUI3.0 by ATX-

-for a phone almost end of life,that is amazing-

-Display is crisp and vivid,best of

-Sound is unbelievable,best of

-Minor bugs-numbers are not recognized after importing vcf files from EmUI,it uses another spacing scheme and advanced settings remains in Chinese after flashing your patch-

-Battery is amazing,better than any ROM.

So this is the gag-best ROM is a ported ROM from an almost unknown phone.

Do a wipe cache/dalvik after my patch. 

Indeed, it is a very good rom. Faster than any other kk, good battery backup, almost 100% functional. 

 

I'm willing to test a leagoo rom...  I believe this sort of roms are best fitted on our devices. 

Edited by Jpower73
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest trashbat
On 19/12/2015 at 8:34 PM, dakok said:

LeTV x600 is mostly at the table these days since I'm fixing Lenovo A806 now.
(wife's ex phone, she grabbed my F1 now).

WiFi is OK, slightly weaker signal reception than that of F1 but it's OK.
Screen is better, phone is very fast with smooth transitions in UI.
Camera is better.
Battery is near that of F1.
IR remote is perfect :)
GPS is OK, didn't test it much.
It's very attractive and you can see it's made of top quality material.
Is supports MHL / OTG at type-c USB connector so you can connect it to monitor / telly HDMI

Screen glass doesn't have any frame so it can easily break when it hits hard floor surface.
So I ordered few cases with full frame cover. :)

Overall - I'm very happy with this purchase.

There is a huge discount these days at en.jd com - 16GB is 110 USD and 32GB model 124 USD ;)

Hey Dakok,

 

 

Many thanks for your info on the phone.

 

 

Do you know if the offer ended?

 

It's showing as 233 USD even with the 40 USD coupon code applied

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 19/12/2015 at 8:34 PM, dakok said: LeTV x600 is mostly at the table these days since I'm fixing Lenovo A806 now.

(wife's ex phone, she grabbed my F1 now).

WiFi is OK, slightly weaker signal reception than that of F1 but it's OK.

Screen is better, phone is very fast with smooth transitions in UI.

Camera is better.

Battery is near that of F1.

IR remote is perfect :)

GPS is OK, didn't test it much.

It's very attractive and you can see it's made of top quality material.

Is supports MHL / OTG at type-c USB connector so you can connect it to monitor / telly HDMI

Screen glass doesn't have any frame so it can easily break when it hits hard floor surface.

So I ordered few cases with full frame cover. :)

Overall - I'm very happy with this purchase.

There is a huge discount these days at en.jd com - 16GB is 110 USD and 32GB model 124 USD ;)

Hey Dakok,

 

 

Many thanks for your info on the phone.

 

 

Do you know if the offer ended?

 

It's showing as 233 USD even with the 40 USD coupon code applied

Clearance is over!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Jpower73 said:

Do a wipe cache/dalvik after my patch. 

Indeed, it is a very good rom. Faster than any other kk, good battery backup, almost 100% functional. 

 

I'm willing to test a leagoo rom...  I believe this sort of roms are best fitted on our devices. 

Nice, thanks!

Looking at the screenshots it looks similar to AOSP.

What about xposed modules? Did you test any for compatibility?

For comparision, on CoolUI around half of xposed modules are not fully compatibile.

How would you compare camera quality & speed (& functionality) to other ROMs? (I'm curious about comparision with CoolUI with stock camera).

And what do you mean "almost 100% functional"? Does it have any issues?

 

Too bad that we're loosing dakok, jakethedogg,... and few other members (who bought new phone) that brought much to F1 community.

At the other side - great choice! In F1 now I really miss gyroscope & magnetometer/compass that are essential for VR, but I'm still not going to replace my F1 in next 1-2 years yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest trashbat
57 minutes ago, dakok said:

Sorry guys for stealing the attention in F1 topic but I would like to know which forum LeTV owners

from Modaco will visit now for the new phone support? 

Hey dakok, many thanks for posting the jd deal - i picked up the x500.

I have been reading on XDA and telekineza. Although i have to use translate on telekineza i found it easier to find information. There were so many posts on XDA that its difficult to find the information that you need. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, dakok said: Sorry guys for stealing the attention in F1 topic but I would like to know which forum LeTV owners

from Modaco will visit now for the new phone support? 

Hey dakok, many thanks for posting the jd deal - i picked up the x500.

I have been reading on XDA and telekineza. Although i have to use translate on telekineza i found it easier to find information. There were so many posts on XDA that its difficult to find the information that you need. 

glad to hear you reading Telekineza.. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest jakethedooggg

I'll be here anyway! My sister will get the Coolpad, or my dad. But for now the Coolpad is in my hands and I still waiting for a CM12.1 rom for it 100% stable...

I will give support here for the X600 as I'm from spain and we have a LeTV forum on MovilesDualSim and there's great people there. For now I can say that the only AOSP rom drains battery too fast, but is amazing in everything else. Even with that SOT is better than the Coolpad. And is fairly easy to install TWRP and custom roms.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Jpower73
12 hours ago, xeros2 said:

Nice, thanks!

Looking at the screenshots it looks similar to AOSP.

What about xposed modules? Did you test any for compatibility?

For comparision, on CoolUI around half of xposed modules are not fully compatibile.

How would you compare camera quality & speed (& functionality) to other ROMs? (I'm curious about comparision with CoolUI with stock camera).

And what do you mean "almost 100% functional"? Does it have any issues?

 

Too bad that we're loosing dakok, jakethedogg,... and few other members (who bought new phone) that brought much to F1 community.

At the other side - great choice! In F1 now I really miss gyroscope & magnetometer/compass that are essential for VR, but I'm still not going to replace my F1 in next 1-2 years yet.

Xposed modules are full compatible 

Gravity box  is almost compatible. Only tiles and status bar colors can't be customized. 

 

Cameras performance is very good, as coolui or any other 442 rom.  Using my mod lgcamera u can  get 21mp shots. 

"almost 100% functional" means that the rom has features like hotknot, gestures which lacks of hardware on our device. .  No big deal. ... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Destiny133

Well guys i have serious trouble. Since i bought my phone my phone shuts down at 4% and if i calibrate my battery then its fine. But still sometimes my phone would turn off like on 55% (like yasterday) in the middle of phone talk. Its rare but still it happends from time to time and not just 55% its random. Then i.need to plug it in charger and then it will turn on again. Sometimes it just dies in middle of photo shooting with camera. If done with messanger app its fine. Also aosp roms dont quite help on my battery backup. I think i got broken battery. Or just roms i tried are unstable? If i remember anything else that can say more about.my problem ill post it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone please tell me how to reduce the screen brightness to the lowest in miui rom. I flashed miui from needrom by t_gumienny. Its screen brightness is high even if i set it to the lowest. Is there any patch? The rom downloaded from miui.com has lowest brightness. I want that setting in this version. Thanks in advance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.