Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest Mouratti

this is not common glass you are talking about, it's tempered glass (also known as toughened glass), like the one you have in your car... and no, it doesn't shatter easily at all! but you can always try doing these tests with your plastic screen protector if you feel to prove your point! :D

So this is what?

Temperet glass? I like to buy one...where i can get on of this?

I rooted 041 with a very simple method. I flashed it with YGDB tool, and when I loaded the cbp rom file, YGDB extract it to a subfolder where I changed the official recovery.img file to custom recovery img file and then flashed the rom. From custom recovery I installed the root.zip.

I rooted 041 with a very simple method. I flashed it with YGDB tool, and when I loaded the cbp rom file, YGDB extract it to a subfolder where I changed the official recovery.img file to custom recovery img file and then flashed the rom. From custom recovery I installed the root.zip.

Good thinking

Glass gilm dont scratch? The coolpad f1 do not have gorilla glass am i correct? Or have any to protect from scratchs?

Personally I wouldn't bother.

I've used Gorilla glass phones before and never bothered with protection (snigger...) and never had any problems.

Just don't stick it in a pocket/bag with keys, coins etc.

Of course scratch protection is a bit different from FALL protection.

Guest jakethedooggg

I translated MTK Tweaks v15 (Not the best translation but...) I translated the apk only, I don't know if you need the rest of scripts and stuff (probably yes). Haven't tested it yet. I'll upload it when I'm sure it works!

Link borsosg? I want to try it.. No such link in first page..

Thank you all for these precious infos. I've read almost the whole thread before trying several roms. Here are my impressions on all I've tried.

1/ stock Coolui: Very beautiful. Sim cards management is great (separate ringtones and sms notification for each sim). Although I can't choose personalized ringtone from my card (only what the rom offers me. I'm sure there's a way by pasting ringtone in a root explorer but I'd like it to be included as an option. It shouldn't be that hard?

2/ MIUI (miui_f1_slydermi_4.8.31_4f3d21dded_4.2): looked nice but doesn't detect my sim cards (???)

3/ Baidu (V56): Superb! Really really nice and smooth. And powerful. Scored 30410 at antutu v5. Problem: not multilanguage (I understand english perfectly but it would be nice to have french language). Another problem is that it doesn't sync my contacts from my google account (com.google.gapps has stopped). Happens only when I sync a particular account. On another account, it syncs. Weird.

Other than that, Baidu is nearly perfect. I wish it could sync and would be multilanguage. Should I reflash gapps?

Oh and BTW, I tried Carliv touch recovery. BAD idea. I could make a backup but when I wanted to restore, it made an error on restoring data. FAIL ^^. Be careful.

Cheers.

Edited by momo95

Link borsosg? I want to try it.. No such link in first page..

The process is explained already and the relevant links are already posted.

Just to recap...

You get the YGDB tool - link in first few posts (easy peasy section?).

Get the 041 (or whatever) image - here (translate with Google Chrome or whatever and go to Download tab):

http://www.yulong.com/product/product/product/load.html?productBO.product.id=6471&productBO.menuId=5082

Load the stock image into the YGDB tool.

Find where it got extracted to on disk

Replace the stock recovery.img with the CWM/TWRP recovery.img.

Flash the ROM - i.e. stock 041 (or whatever) plus custom recovery.

Hope this helps.

2/ MIUI (miui_f1_slydermi_4.8.31_4f3d21dded_4.2): looked nice but doesn't detect my sim cards (???)

3/ Baidu (V56): Superb! Really really nice and smooth. And powerful. Scored 30410 at antutu v5. Problem: not multilanguage (I understand english perfectly but it would be nice to have french language). Another problem is that it doesn't sync my contacts from my google account (com.google.gapps has stopped). Happens only when I sync a particular account. On another account, it syncs. Weird.

Re 2 - are you sure that you are using a WCDMA compatible version of MIUI?

Re 3 - can you spot anything "unusual" about the account that doesn't sync? E.g. accented/"extended" characters that don't appear in the one that does sync?

Re 2 - are you sure that you are using a WCDMA compatible version of MIUI?

Re 3 - can you spot anything "unusual" about the account that doesn't sync? E.g. accented/"extended" characters that don't appear in the one that does sync?

Thanks dalyer. Actually I think you're right, it must be a tdscdma version. About the baidu rom, really it always synced with every single rom I flashed. I tried to flash again separately gapps for 4.2.2 and got stuck at boot logo....wipe again I guess. Thank god for titanium backup.

Edit: Really weird. I exported my contacts and imported them in another "virgin" account and it syncs. Huh....

Edited by momo95

Sometimes Titanium (or other) backup is NOT the best idea.

Others have reported weird problems with apps having restored them or their data.

If the sync problem persists maybe try a clean install and no TB restore?

Edited by dalyer

[ROM][4.4] Coolpad F1 WCDMA AOSP 20140917 by Lbxb (Lzy/Crayons)

Download

(Based on Himax Polymer stock 4.4 and Elephone P8 4.4.2 rom)

2014-9-17: 

1 Based on the first edition of AOSP 4.4.2 amended as follows 

2 To improve sound quality, adjusted small problems with the system volume

3 Corrected storage, full internal mount and external storage, to support internal and external storage switch 

4 This version does not need ROOT patch, already get ROOT privileges by default, you can delete system files 

...... Built in several software, if you support the ROM, also requested networked times, thank you

PS : Because Coolpad had no Usb data storage mode, connected to the computer display solid media (MTP mode) is normal;

cool because there is no official end of the package, shipped deposit occupy not very good, I hope you understand

181622gstunzknkpsnupzj.jpg

It has Google apps and

Languages:

en_US,fr_FR,it_IT,es_ES,de_DE,nl_NL,cs_CZ,pl_PL,ja_JP,zh_TW,zh_CN,

ru_RU,ko_KR,nb_NO,es_US,da_DK,el_GR,tr_TR,pt_PT,pt_BR,rm_CH,sv_SE,

bg_BG,ca_ES,en_GB,fi_FI,hi_IN,hr_HR,hu_HU,in_ID,iw_IL,lt_LT,lv_LV,ro_RO,

sk_SK,sl_SI,sr_RS,uk_UA,vi_VN,tl_PH,ar_EG,fa_IR,th_TH,sw_TZ,ms_MY,af_ZA,

zu_ZA,am_ET,km_KH,my_MM,ur_PK,bn_IN

Edited by dakok

Is there a link to official stock rom v15 international version? I'm running out of hair. I've searched everywhere (in this very thread also). I flashed and am not fully satisfied with the ROMs I've tried. And since my nanbackup failed to restore...