Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest Jpower73

what about this one? http://support.moulnisky.com/index.php?dir=Micromax/00_A%20Serie/A310/Software%20Versions/V2_%2029.10.14/

supposed to be a310 v2 29.10.14 (found by member blitz from myphone.gr)

the link looked shady but it contains a cpb file for 8297W_I01 (it needs the phone.info and params file edit to make it compatible with 8297w)

thread page: (scroll to the bottom) http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f811/firmwares-collection-micromax-android-all-flash-file-only-here-mega-thread-1624105/index17.html

:)

Guest userDJJ

Is it based on kitkat?

Yet again my imei got deleted.  :blink: .

Dont flash if you don't have imei backup by MtkDroidTools.

I guess this build is for 8297 without W (see screenshot baseband).

Keyboard is Chinese only, menu language CN/EN.

Update: after applying Miui_TD-to-W_Xs-4.6.7.zip is sim recognized.

post-1049550-0-39415800-1416414846_thumb

Edited by userDJJ

Guest korekore1

Yet again my imei got deleted.  :blink: .

Dont flash if you don't have imei backup by MtkDroidTools.

I guess this build is for 8297 without W (see screenshot baseband).

Keyboard is Chinese only, menu language CN/EN.

you need the 3g patch.first page.

What about looking 1st page / 2nd post from dakok, where you search for keyword "lost imei" ?

It is not wise to post your imei number on the web.Why did you buy 8297 version without W ? Try applying patch dakot suggested me 3 days ago.

http://www.modaco.com/topic/372543-coolpad-f1-8297w-review-info-software-custom-roms/page-162#entry2239848

On post  #3229 you can see my attempts, because i had similar issue.

About 1st step when using SP_Flash_Tool:

Use YGDP, load stock fw in cpb format, choose 8297W, wait untill file gets unpacked, within X:\YLXZGJ\YGDP\ you will find that file.

Last stock fw for 8297W is 041

WRONG!

You can't have w software on a td phone!

miky_maus didn't loose IMEI.

He has TD phone and he shouldn't use 8297W rom!

That guide doesn't use SP Flash Tool!

Last stock for his phone is 094, not any wcdma rom!

So it should be:

Use YGDP, choose 8297 in YGDP download configuration, load stock TDSCDMA fw in cpb format, ,....

the rest goes as the guide tells

TD stock roms in CPB format can be found at the first page. 

Edited by dakok

Guest m@nish123

WRONG!

You can't have w software on a td phone!

miky_maus didn't loose IMEI.

He has TD phone and he shouldn't use 8297W rom!

That guide doesn't use SP Flash Tool!

Last stock for his phone is 094, not any wcdma rom!

So it should be:

Use YGDP, choose 8297 in YGDP download configuration, load stock TDSCDMA fw in cpb format, ,....

the rest goes as the guide tells

TD stock roms in CPB format can be found at the first page. 

dakok..kindly check pm

Guest userDJJ

Yes, I'm 100% sure your IMEI is not deleted. Just flash Xs patch for WCDMA :)

Next time, when you flash a TD rom, do the patch, then check the IMEI...

Fixed, got it working now (Miui_TD-to-W_Xs-4.6.7.zip).

Everything seem to be working (wifi,gps, bt), 2/3 g.

Keyboard is CN only, menus languages CN/EN.

Gaaps are not included.

root checker and tc were installed by me.

Screenshot_2014_11_19_17_45_51.jpg

Screenshot_2014_11_19_17_45_57.jpg

Screenshot_2014_11_19_17_46_28.jpg

interesting lock screen, when unlocking you can go directly to: camera, unlock, call dialer, messager, some kind of net, cant make screenshot within phone.

Screenshot_2014_11_19_17_50_53.jpg

Screenshot_2014_11_19_17_50_31.jpg

Screenshot_2014_11_19_17_51_28.jpg

Screenshot_2014_11_19_17_52_03.jpg

Screenshot_2014_11_19_17_52_09.jpg

Screenshot_2014_11_19_17_52_58.jpg

with this mode it works as 3g (umts), selecting "gsm only" will produce working as edge.

Screenshot_2014_11_19_17_56_43.jpg

Screenshot_2014_11_19_18_10_18.jpg

Screenshot_2014_11_19_18_10_32.jpg

this seems to be public build 60, atm i am DL official v6 upgrade (385 MB).

Screenshot_2014_11_19_18_17_17.jpg

music app

Screenshot_2014_11_19_18_17_42.jpg

video app

Screenshot_2014_11_19_18_17_57.jpg

calendar

Screenshot_2014_11_19_18_18_16.jpg

one tap app closer

Screenshot_2014_11_19_18_21_29.jpg

antutu 32468, 3d 8436

Screenshot_2014_11_19_18_29_22.jpg

Screenshot_2014_11_19_18_29_43.jpg

Screenshot_2014_11_19_18_31_20.jpg

Update within baidu update app that went to cwm recovery didnt work as ota update file wasnt on / path of sd card, it was saved deep within (/sdcard2/baidu...).
I moved it to / of sdcard and ran update in cwm.
Edited by userDJJ

How did you flash gapps and which gapps release is that?

WOW!!!

8436 in antutu 3D!!!

I never saw much more than 8100...

Edited by dakok

Guest userDJJ

How did you flash gapps and which gapps release is that?

WOW!!!

8436 in antutu 3D!!!

I never saw much more than 8100...

Gaaps are gapps-jb-20130812-signed.zip, i didn't touch any other system settings.

This ota update to v6 isnt working for me, phone got stuck in baidu rom logo and battery was pretty hot(left it for +20minutes).

Edited by userDJJ

Guest elaadhn

you definitely did a bad installation,a310 has no issues.About battery:calibrate your battery,there was a post here yesterday about that,look for it

I installed it fine. trust me i've done more rom changes this past 2 days than in the past 2 years... 

both the regular a310 by Laek and the decrapiffied version had the same issues. 

anyone knows of a security/antitheft option in the coolpad rom or kitkat aosp roms? 

Guest userDJJ

This bauidu ota update is not so innocent, it removed my cwm with their chinese so i had to flash with YGDP + (cwm) recovery.img replace trick in order to restore my previous made working backup.

On www.yulong.com page i see file

What is this ? Upgrade ?

Looks flashable within cwm.

Usual chinese apks inluded in /system/vendor/operator/app/ .

Now is link of the file removed, but it is still on site, if you know address: http://www.modaco.com/topic/373953-total-noob-questions/?p=2240452

Edited by userDJJ

Guest korekore1

I installed it fine. trust me i've done more rom changes this past 2 days than in the past 2 years... 

both the regular a310 by Laek and the decrapiffied version had the same issues. 

i and a lot of other users use decrapified as our main rom without issues.Nobody has the issues you mentioned.Just saying..

Tip:If you are using cwm always do ''format data'' not only ''wipe data''

Guest korekore1

This bauidu ota update is not so innocent, it removed my cwm with their chinese so i had to flash with YGDP + (cwm) recovery.img replace trick in order to restore my previous made working backup.

Now is link of the file removed, but it is still on site, if you know address: http://www.modaco.com/topic/373953-total-noob-questions/?p=2240452

official roms always replace recovery with the official one.You didn't had to reflash with ygdp,you only had to root the rom and replace the recovery from mobile uncle tools

Edited by korekore1

Fixed, got it working now (Miui_TD-to-W_Xs-4.6.7.zip).

Everything seem to be working (wifi,gps, bt), 2/3 g.

Keyboard is CN only, menus languages CN/EN.

Gaaps are not included.

root checker and tc were installed by me.

interesting lock screen, when unlocking you can go directly to: camera, unlock, call dialer, messager, some kind of net, cant make screenshot within phone.

with this mode it works as 3g (umts), selecting "gsm only" will produce working as edge.

this seems to be public build 60, atm i am DL official v6 upgrade (385 MB).

music app

video app

calendar

one tap app closer

antutu 32468, 3d 8436

Screenshot_2014_11_19_18_29_22.jpg

Screenshot_2014_11_19_18_29_43.jpg

Screenshot_2014_11_19_18_31_20.jpg

Update within baidu update app that went to cwm recovery didnt work as ota update file wasnt on / path of sd card, it was saved deep within (/sdcard2/baidu...).
I moved it to / of sdcard and ran update in cwm.

Thanks a lot for info & screenshots!

It seems very interresting & looks promising, but unfortunately I see on screenshots much Chinese, even in main things like callendar or some menus(?) :(

How was overall impression of this ROM?

Is it as good as previous Baidu ROMs? (or better as I see it worked with gapps & even a bit better 3D score?)

I'm wondering what was the stock ROM base version (kernel & libs) for it. Updated to TD-SCDMA 4.2.2 09x?

Did you have a chance to test camera for photos & video quality, AF accuracy & speed, etc?

Dakok's impression in his reviews of previous Baidu ROM versions was so good that he almost convinced me to switch to Baidu :-)

And now you show 8436 score in Antutu 3D...  which should make great 3D performance.

Guest corvettec3

2 problems with jonzalvo's pure aosp v2 rom: proximity sensor doesn't work and answer button of earphone xiaomi piston doesn't work (closes only calls).

the same problem of answer calls with xiaomi piston there is with official 018 kitkat. When I had official 4.2 036, xiaomi earphone button opened calls. 

Guest Gandri Gustiano

Strange, I'm on laek v4, when i started recording video, the format only 3gp. Is there any patch for it? Thx in advance

*without changing new Rom, of course.

Edited by Gandri Gustiano

Guest userDJJ

Baidu 60 is out...ATX version

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1hqDv1La

Official beta 60

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1qW19Ha0

403.3M (atx is 350.3M)

Thanks a lot for info & screenshots!

It seems very interresting & looks promising, but unfortunately I see on screenshots much Chinese, even in main things like callendar or some menus(?) :(

How was overall impression of this ROM?

Is it as good as previous Baidu ROMs? (or better as I see it worked with gapps & even a bit better 3D score?)

I'm wondering what was the stock ROM base version (kernel & libs) for it. Updated to TD-SCDMA 4.2.2 09x?

Did you have a chance to test camera for photos & video quality, AF accuracy & speed, etc?

Dakok's impression in his reviews of previous Baidu ROM versions was so good that he almost convinced me to switch to Baidu :-)

And now you show 8436 score in Antutu 3D...  which should make great 3D performance.

Rom is pretty fast&smooth although (as every baidu relase) it is very much eye candy compared to coolUI or ever aosp :D , yeah calendar is Chinese, but menus are English.

I guess you can find some other calendar on g store or (un)freeze your beloved one into this rom.

This rom is worth keeping an eye on, each version is better.After final version will come out i will probably install it for main use (atm i am quite satisfied with coolUI 4.2.2 041).

I tested camera for a minute, auto focus (AF) is working fast, hadn't taken any pictures as it was dark outside.

Chinese apps are inevitable evil, luckily can be easy removed, not any main app is in Chinese (camera, messaging, call dialer, system setting).

For 2/3g use i updated it with "Miui_TD-to-W_Xs-4.6.7.zip", gaaps "gapps-jb-20130812-signed.zip".

btw, here you can find baidu rom for 8297W (Great God F1 Unicom Edition)

http://bbs.rom.baidu.com/download.php?phoneid=110

8297 Great God F1 (Mobile Edition)

http://bbs.rom.baidu.com/download.php?phoneid=106

Edited by userDJJ