[ROM][4.2.2] Baidu Cloud OS [Repack]

Guest dakok

Guest userDJJ

Installed second and it is:

baidu v57 public build

[ COOLPAD.8297W_R_2.3.57.45_20140918235439.EN.Gapps.repack.by.dakok.zip ]

edit: v59 build by dakok isnt working on my coolpad 8297W, it got stuck on baidu logo, i left it for +20 minutes, v57 works.

Edited by userDJJ

• 2 weeks later...

I don't get how do you get such good results with this Baidu v60 release.

Althrough I have a bit older Antutu release here (v.5.0), but it shouldn't differ that much.

I get overall: 28904 & 3D: 6621 after clean install, reboot, clean memory, left it for a moment to stop any I/O & processes respawn.

I didn't even setup accounts or network connection.

Guest userDJJ

xeros2

Will dl Official beta 60 http://pan.baidu.com/s/1qW19Ha0 and will test it again today.

Update: can confirm that antutu 5.gives lower score, overall 30900 and 3d 6807.

Default setting, only changed UI to ENG and installed ENG keyboard https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jb.gokeyboard .

image.jpg

image.jpg

test2:

With AV turned off (shield icon names Security -> virus scan,  settings, all off): overall 30728 and 3d 6781.

antutu 5.2

overall 31519 and 3d 7488 (AV turned off).

There is no significant difference no matter av is turned on or off.

I am not sure are why are now lower antutu results, try reflashing stock 041 fw through YGDP and then clean install via cwm.

Edited by userDJJ

Antutu seem to keep bumping up the results in each revision.

So such results are not really that useful.

And useless if the version of Antutu used is not stated.

Some people (I don't mean you :-) get too caught up with benchmark results in my opinion.

Thanks for trying it again.

I have also compared Antutu v5.0 vs v5.3.0 under CoolUI 4.2.2 and 3D is about 800-1000 higher there in both v5.0 & v5.3.0 vs this Baidu v60 8297W ATX.

I wouldn't mind lower benchmark results if performance diff wouldn't be seen in apps/games.

I wonder if there is such difference between 8297+XS WCDMA patch that you used before vs 8297W Baidu releases.

Guest userDJJ

It shouldnt be

Patch replaces modem files in phone's etc/firmware folder

I dont think it matters to a benchmark

Perhaps they changed something else too, that is only logical explanation i can came up with.

btw, youtube app is working for you in this rom ?

Edited by userDJJ

BaiduOS 061

http://youtu.be/-nm881rgBQk
Update the current focus

First, the Yellow Pages in the hands stay away
1, the front entrance of the Yellow Pages, you can slip right in the message page, use more efficient.
Click neighborhood, you can easily find information based on the current location is displayed near the
Yellow Pages, in addition to increasing the local yellow pages, no networking!
2, caring and intelligent "quick service" - prepaid recharge, check courier, taxi, registration, movie tickets,
so you do not need to install third-party applications to quickly solve real-life problems! Also new job, rent
and housekeeping module - meet the diverse needs, life has never been so easy.

Second, the choice is no longer the face of the Gospel, obsessive-compulsive disorder
There is no will for the first use of an application or the default bindings and tangled, such as the browser ==?
Now unity is bound to apply the settings set inside, if there is a change to modify the binding - you can avoid this problem friends.

Third, open the phone to save money, convenience and save money
A personal telephone service to save money after the opening of the center, you can call when you click to
select "phone to save money," rates as low as 7 cents per minute, regardless of the phone or landline, telephone
long distance just to play, in addition to saving money is different from the phone ordinary telephone network, he
does not consume traffic can also ensure toll-quality, and can be seen easily recharge balance.
2, for the first time when free delivery call duration, but some models only support period (Huawei C8813, C8813Q,
Samsung I739, ZTE N909, Cool 5890), so users can enjoy the benefits only a few other models ... Please look forward to it ~

Fourth, crop the picture to make the wallpaper, are nice anyway
If you want to like the picture as wallpaper, this time no longer limited to the horizontal screen scrolling mode, but you
can choose portrait mode, according to the proportion of the vertical screen to select the area you want to display
accurately, so that it will not phone wallpaper rolled around.

Five calendar optimization, simple is good
The main interface to switch calendar views smarter - when viewing the content below, calendar automatically
retracted automatically to show the entire contents you want to see. Center of interest in the form of a show is
divided into two, additional "have concerns" interface, management attention and interest from this module clearer ~!

Six outdoor camera automatically adjusts screen brightness
When the brightness is set to automatic mode, the camera automatically increases the brightness of the screen
to enter the highest value after exiting restore the default brightness. This avoids because too much light can not see the camera interface problem ~

Drip repair
[Resolved] focus
To solve the disappearance of input / app can not be installed (60 user feedback)
Solve the I9300, I9308, I9500, I9508 camera to take pictures of focus problem
Solve the installation "Baidu rice", move it to the SD card, restart the phone displays the App freeze
Solve application freeze, freezing failure problems after clicking Exit

[Abnormal exit]
Boot wizard abnormal exit (user ID: su vulgar 5021)
Set abnormal exit (User ID: ice pellets 6, aijlp55, Ο thou ┓ Rongrong ♀, Zheng hydrogen atom)
Gallery abnormal exit
Flash abnormal exit (User ID: just head a)
Backup abnormal return
Garbage cleanup occurs when abnormal exit install or uninstall the application

[New version] theme
Live Wallpaper Loading solve process already in the end of the show

[sMS]
Solve management sim card SMS abnormal exit

[Multimedia]
Baidu solve Gallery albums, multiple accounts after switching Gallery Baidu albums list can not file a timely
refresh the current account
The camera does not turn on solving problems (User ID: sunny niche happy)
Resolved without Internet access client, after linking network online wallpaper always displayed Loading

[Garbage clean-up]
Fixes some problems on the UI and features, including:
Solve storage space status display inaccurate
Some models solve Security Center main interface shows only two Tab page logo
List regional solutions to quickly clean up and clean up the depth of the interface will slide even now the
first item to disappear

[security Center]
Solve Security Center main interface shows two "mobile phone to retrieve" module
After solving the Security Center to perform a medical examination and a key clean-up the phone scores over 100
Even now solve Security Center abnormal exit the application when you install or uninstall
Resolve to enter the Security Center, long press the home button to clean up after a key clean interface, and
then refuse to clean it unresponsive, garbage clean-up set point in the update will be "Security Center" error        

[Flashlight]
Solve no flash models, status bar, click the flashlight, the default screen is not lit

[Related] model
Resolved from the camera interface library and then slid back button to return to the camera on a black screen no
response (Samsung i9300, User ID: nina_1207)
Resolved only after the highest pixel camera 800W, modified to support as native as 1300W pixels (Samsung i9508)

[Optimization]
The third set of topics from the local optimization presets put online, saving space 19M
Optimization forums, online store to remove the entry in the desktop 
optimization playing machine manual entry to remove the desktop, while the entrance into the personal center

Official support models
Huawei: C8816 / A199 / Huawei glory 3C1G mobile / C8813 / G520 mobile / C8813Q / C8813D / P6 (Mobile / Unicom Edition)
Samsung: N7102 / N7108 / I9508 / I869 / I9308 / I9500 / I739 / I8552 / I9300 / I9220 / NOTE2 (N7100) / Galaxy Nexus
ZTE: Z5SMini / N909
Coolpad: 8720L /  F1 / 5890/5950
Google: Nexus 5
VIVO: X3T
Legend: A820
100+: 100 + V5

Cloud development team supported models
Huawei: G610-U00 / P1 / D1 / glory 3C Unicom version and the mobile version of 2G / Y511-T00 / G610-T11 / C8815 /
C8812E / G525 Unicom version / G520 Unicom version / Huawei G730 / 3C Play Mobile / 3x Chang Play Edition
Legend: A670TS898t + / A820E / S920 / A860E / A760 / A788T
ZTE: Red Bull V5 / Q505t / Q802t / U879 / secret / U985 / z5 mini / Z5S / N919 / U5
Samsung: S7572 / S7568
Nokia: NOKIA X
Coolpad: 8702 / 8085Q / 7270 / 7295C / 8705 / 8730L /  F1 (Unicom version) / Great God NOTE (8670) / 5891/5951 / 8720Q
Amoi: N828
Xiaomi: 2A
OPPO: R819T / R815T / R831T / R821T / R827T
Sony: LT26i
Zhuopu: black 2
Green Orange: N1S / N1
Meizu: MX2
More clouds development group supported models, please click to view, welcome attention Clouds Sina Weibo.
This issue does not support Android4.0 models.

Thanks!

They are fast! & you too :-)

I wish I could read & understand Chinese ;-)

Hmm... 8297 is officially supported & 8297W (Unicom version) is "Cloud development team supported model", so it could mean that they have more differences in ROM builds than just modem firmware.

If I only had time to test 8297 version... & space for backups.

Edited by xeros2

By looking into Xs patch I saw only several modem files replaced and I belive that it's the only difference between roms.

Hardware difference is that WCDMA has additional radio amplifier and different transceiver.

Razlika-F1-WCDMA-TDSCDMA.jpg

"Cloud development team supported model" is not very active team and you can find at least

2-3 custom W rom releases the same day Baidu gives a new official (TD) build. :)

Edited by dakok

Guest userDJJ

Managed to download 061 via ota & moved it to sd root and flash via cwm, had to apply Miui_TD-to-W_Xs-4.6.7.zip patch and reflash cwm because it gor replaced with chinese version.

Otherwise i dont see much difference.

Edited by userDJJ

Thanks dakok.

You're right the only difference between ROMs for 8297 & 8297W is that WCDMA patch, model numbers in build.prop & BaiduInput added in 8297W ROM.

userDJJ,

Please check benchmarks :-)

Edited by xeros2

Guest userDJJ

Bauidu is very "touchy" when you freeze some unimportant chinese app, on next reboot it wont load into system.Happened to me several times, had to remove battery each time :( and install some other rom.

Enough playing with chinese roms for this month, installed back http://www.needrom.com/download/coolpad-f1-8297w-pure-aosp/ with modaco camera/video/gallery patches.

Edited by userDJJ