[ROM][4.4.2] AOSP by maucat

Guest dakok

Guest korekore1

As it seems that usermau keeps updating this rom, can we dirty flash the updates not having to reinstall everything from the beginning or we are just asking for problems this way?

you are asking for trouble!

First of all it's the no1 rule is to get backup before you are going to do any change to a system (even if it's a desktop, server, smartphone etc)

Since a new release is writing in boot, system, recovery* partitions i don't think that wiping data will cause any problem in the new system.

(The problem that i had with device id was finally my fault. I had enable random fake data from xprivacy)

So you can format system, boot, clear cache and dalvik and then flash the rom.

All this thing requires to have set default write disk for your apps the sd card (Settings -> Storage).

From my experience in linux distros (since android is linux based) this tactic will not cause any problem.

Another option is to get backup with Titanium Backup and then restore it. I never tried this since the first options works for me.

Edited by Guest

Guest korekore1

i installed 4.1 version,all changes are under the hood.It would be great if we had a changelog so that we knew the changes.Mau are you listening?!

Guest baniko

As it seems that usermau keeps updating this rom, can we dirty flash the updates not having to reinstall everything from the beginning or we are just asking for problems this way?

Usually i m doing this without problem

Yes, I occasionally read the forum. In the latest version, I tried to improve signal reception and fix the lock with graphical key.

please read the bug report and let us know if we can contribute to improve your rom (translation, etc)

Thank you for your great work and happy new year!

Edited by Guest

Guest korekore1

Would it be worth maintaining an issue/problem/bug report thread for this ROM?

If so I can volunteer and make a stab at an initial list of stuff that I have seen reported (but not necessarily proven) so far and will try to keep it updated.

Chagelogs for updated versions would help but so far don't seem to be available.

I didn't bother tagging reports with the version used (yet) as it's not always obvious from the reports posted.

Note that most of these are anecdotal reports by one or more individuals and not necessarily verified as general bugs/issues!

If you experience any of these please post in the thread so we can gather more info and try to establish which are bugs and which are problems specific to individual installations.

1. Caller black screen - reported by dakok along with a Gravitybox workaround
  2. Grey/black gradient background (e.g. in settings) replaced with plain black which makes UI too "contrasty" - Arpione
  3. The animations have been changed, everything moving around all the time makes me sick - Arpione
  4. Dolphin browser not working - a_stefane, dakok
  5. sim cards have to be without security password before rom installation, otherwise the sim doesn't works - a_stefane
  6. Problems with SIM contacts on SIM2 - Milanche78 - fixed in 19Dec2014 release?
  7. Dialer app "ugly/unfriendly" - Milanche78
  8. ExDialer cannot see contacts - Milanche78 but brusss disagrees
  9. Can't add SIM contact - dakok
  10. Some Play Store apps not compatible - albertazzo - possible DPI asjustment solution from mindtrapper?
  11. NVRAM wifi error and/or lost/zero/non unique MAC address - KennyPowers2000, Alg0r1thm - may be common to some or all custom ROMs? Possible solutions here, here and here? But do these solutions leave multiple devices with the same MAC address anyway?
  12. Poor signal or losing mobile signal? - korekore1cc001, muxa1980. Fixed in 31st Dec version according to Hormon? These changes may have addressed the problem. Phiber Optik also reports this as fixed in 31st Dec version so I'll strike it out now.
  13. LED not working, charging not working, high CPU temp? - dmrtn
  14. Autorotation sometimes stops - st3epb4ck
  15. GPS not working - 77chedu but working for vassilis91. Works OK for 77chedu after a reflash although taking "a little longer than usual".
  16. Security > Screen lock > PIN fails - "Unfortunately Settings has stopped" - Pivko76, baniko 

PIN, password, voice unlock options not working - Phiber Optik

17. Some widgets - e.g. retro clock don't work - Pivko76
  18. USB debugging sometimes spontaneously switches off - korekore1
  19. Problems with root and 3 colour LED (not clear what problems exactly) - korekore1
  20. Tune set as alarm in Alarm Clock Xtreme gets replaced by a random number on every reboot - Arpione
  21. Settings remain in English even if system locale/language changed. Problem since 18th Dec? - 77chedu
  22. Settings button missing from system tray? - 77chedu
  23. In power menu "reboot" option not translated to English from Russian (?) - Phiber Optik
  24. Random restarts on opening certain apps - may be due to tweaks or Nova and not the ROM itself? - Phiber Optik, korekore1

Spanish forum (use Google/Chrome translate) - one person's pros and cons list.

the only ones that exist are 11 (can be solved by flashing the wifi fix zip),16 for pin to unlock,18 usb debugging switches off by itself,and 23.

i can live with all of them.!

Apps that don't work should be due to changed display resolution from build prop,i edit it before flashing and i have no problems

Edited by korekore1

Would it be worth maintaining an issue/problem/bug report thread for this ROM?

If so I can volunteer and make a stab at an initial list of stuff that I have seen reported (but not necessarily proven) so far and will try to keep it updated.

Chagelogs for updated versions would help but so far don't seem to be available.

I didn't bother tagging reports with the version used (yet) as it's not always obvious from the reports posted.

Note that most of these are anecdotal reports by one or more individuals and not necessarily verified as general bugs/issues!

If you experience any of these please post in the thread so we can gather more info and try to establish which are bugs and which are problems specific to individual installations.

• Caller black screen - reported by dakok along with a Gravitybox workaround
  • Grey/black gradient background (e.g. in settings) replaced with plain black which makes UI too "contrasty" - Arpione
  • The animations have been changed, everything moving around all the time makes me sick - Arpione
  • Dolphin browser not working - a_stefane, dakok
  • sim cards have to be without security password before rom installation, otherwise the sim doesn't works - a_stefane
  • Problems with SIM contacts on SIM2 - Milanche78 - fixed in 19Dec2014 release?
  • Dialer app "ugly/unfriendly" - Milanche78
  • ExDialer cannot see contacts - Milanche78 but brusss disagrees
  • Can't add SIM contact - dakok
  • Some Play Store apps not compatible - albertazzo - possible DPI asjustment solution from mindtrapper?
  • NVRAM wifi error and/or lost/zero/non unique MAC address - KennyPowers2000, Alg0r1thm - may be common to some or all custom ROMs? Possible solutions here, here and here? But do these solutions leave multiple devices with the same MAC address anyway?
  • Poor signal or losing mobile signal? - korekore1, cc001, muxa1980. Fixed in 31st Dec version according to Hormon? These changes may have addressed the problem. Phiber Optik also reports this as fixed in 31st Dec version so I'll strike it out now.
  • LED not working, charging not working, high CPU temp? - dmrtn
  • Autorotation sometimes stops - st3epb4ck
  • GPS not working - 77chedu but working for vassilis91. Works OK for 77chedu after a reflash although taking "a little longer than usual".
  • Security > Screen lock > PIN fails - "Unfortunately Settings has stopped" - Pivko76, baniko

PIN, password, voice unlock options not working - Phiber Optik

• Some widgets - e.g. retro clock don't work - Pivko76
  • USB debugging sometimes spontaneously switches off - korekore1
  • Problems with root and 3 colour LED (not clear what problems exactly) - korekore1
  • Tune set as alarm in Alarm Clock Xtreme gets replaced by a random number on every reboot - Arpione
  • Settings remain in English even if system locale/language changed. Problem since 18th Dec? - 77chedu
  • Settings button missing from system tray? - 77chedu
  • In power menu "reboot" option not translated to English from Russian (?) - Phiber Optik
  • Random restarts on opening certain apps - may be due to tweaks or Nova and not the ROM itself? - Phiber Optik, korekore1
Spanish forum (use Google/Chrome translate) - one person's pros and cons list.
25. Personal ringtones, when you assign a ringtones to a contact after every restart your choose disappear..

Guest korekore1

maybe the rom needs 1-2 days to settle down and create its cache (as this can happen in some roms) but i think the latest version 4/1 is not as fluid as 19/12 on app animations and scrolling in applications that create their content in real time from the internet like youtube,play store etc.I can see stuttering while scrolling.Maybe something from the init.d scripts?

As i said maybe its because the rom is only a few hours in my device.We'll see in the next few days

Edited by korekore1

Guest dalyer

the only ones that exist are 11 (can be solved by flashing the wifi fix zip),16 for pin to unlock,18 usb debugging switches off by itself,and 23.

i can live with all of them.!

Apps that don't work should be due to changed display resolution from build prop,i edit it before flashing and i have no problems

You may only get 11, 16, 18 and 23 but other people have reported the other issues and I'll waiting on updates to see if they can be dismissed or not...

Did you get Dolphin Browser  working with the DPI change?

And guys - no need to quote my full "bug/issue" post when flagging something new.

Just post it and I'll update the list. :)

Edited by dalyer

Guest dalyer

Hello I try to install.. Use recovery 6.0.5.0 but it stock in bootlogo, any help?

Thank you

Make sure the zip is intact after download.

At least open it in 7Zip or similar to ensure that it's a valid zip.

Flash again and make sure to do all relevant wipes/formats.

Guest usermau

Hi guys!

Please translate  me correct  in the Croatian & Serbian language:

<Restart>

<Close all apps and restart phone>

<Restart phone ?>

<Restarting your phone will clear temporary files out of memory. Would you like to restart your phone now ?>

<Restart>
<Zatvoriti sve aplikacije i restartati telefon>
<Restartati telefon ?>
<Restartanjem vašeg telefona izbrisat če se privremene datoteke iz memorije.

Da li želite restartati vaš telefon odmah ?>

This is it, you can write for phone - telefon or uređaj..
And you can write for restart - restart or ponovo pokrenuti..

Edited by Guest

Usermau could you please update the openssl version, because it can be affected by heartbleed vuln.

Also I would like to ask if you are planning to fix pin option in screen lock.

Edited by Guest

Guest korekore1

Hvala vam Saša!

Phiber Optik 

I'll try to do it. Locking pin for myself inadvertently spoiled when to release a lock on a voice, face, dick and pussy.I'll try repair.

- can you translate the russian "restart" in english too?

- And if you could fix usb debbuging that won't stay on after a reboot,that would be great!

- After a day and a half with the 31.12 version i can see some stuttering/lag sometimes when scrolling apps like youtube,playstore and sometimes when scrolling/closing apps with nova launcher. The 19/12 version was super smooth and never lagged.

- 3g signal is better on 31.12 version but it needs some more improvement to match the 3g speed that other roms have..

Apart from that i think this rom is one of the best out there,if these small bugs could be fixed it would probably be No1,good work..!

Guest usermau

- can you translate the russian "restart" in english too?  - Fixed.

- And if you could fix usb debbuging that won't stay on after a reboot,that would be great!  - Fixed.