[ROM][6.0][ALL] CyanogenMod 13 [18/12/2016]

Guest chil360

Guest pesartom
24 minutes ago, Alias said:

Update: I flashed pico Gapps ARM. Now I can't start it anymore, because the "setup assistent" crashes permanently after swiping on the lockscreen. 

read the 1st post! you have to flash the rom AND gapps together so they dont crash

No matter if I flashed the GApps later and made a factory reset or if I flashed them at the same time, the AOSP-keybord crashed always, every 10 seconds and I was not able to use it. I can't even connect with my Wifi-network. I'll continue testing, but without GApps. 

Guest pesartom
33 minutes ago, Alias said:

No matter if I flashed the GApps later and made a factory reset or if I flashed them at the same time, the AOSP-keybord crashed always, every 10 seconds and I was not able to use it. I can't even connect with my Wifi-network. I'll continue testing, but without GApps. 

did the wifi work (connect to internet) without gapps?

i flashed it with gapps but i cant connect to internet with wifi with any method possible.

@chil360

I'm so sorry. Again.  xD 

1 hour ago, pesartom said:

did the wifi work (connect to internet) without gapps?

i flashed it with gapps but i cant connect to internet with wifi with any method possible.

Yes, it works fine. No wifi-issues without GApps.  ;-) 

Oh, and I installed FDroid, works fine, later 2048 as a simple game and Lightning as light browser, both work fine. But with Lightning I have exactly the same problem as with the stock-browser: Downloads are impossible. I will test some other games in the near future. 

Edited by Alias

Guest Runjaun
1 hour ago, Nemesix2 said:

@Alias Are you sure you installed the 6.0 gapps?

@chil360 What Runjaun said is interesting. Try it for yourself.

By the way does anyone know if the camera works fine in the newest build?

It reduce display power consumption and improves view-ability in direct sunlight . Glad its works

6 hours ago, Nemesix2 said:

By the way does anyone know if the camera works fine in the newest build?

For me it's ok. Either photo and video.

I've got  FC on photo app when trying to show the video. After some trials a popup asked me permission for photo app and everything worked as expected.

Great!

Edited by Folini

Guest Nemesix2

@Folini Thanks for the thoughts on the camera.

About the CPU usage, maybe that process visually encompasses the others? I honestly don't know much about android developing, I'm just guessing.

Does this ROM have the Dev Tools APK? If so, take a look at the list of running processes, there will likely be more processes.

If this ROM doesn't have that app, then @chil360 you MUST put it! (I didn't have time to see if it was there)

Guest Louis4ever

The WiFi works normally, except when I disconect from the network, because when i try to reconect, the password is "deleted" and i have to write it again

2 hours ago, Nemesix2 said:

About the CPU usage, maybe that process visually encompasses the others? I honestly don't know much about android developing, I'm just guessing.

Does this ROM have the Dev Tools APK? If so, take a look at the list of running processes, there will likely be more processes.

If this ROM doesn't have that app, then @chil360 you MUST put it! (I didn't have time to see if it was there)

Sorry for writing about "show cpu usage", actualy is a behavior that I got on another phone (Moto G xt1039). As you can see I deleted the phrase. Strange enough on G510 all the process are written correctly. Probably there's some difference between the two flavor of CM13 (or, as I read somewhere, a problem of authorization).

Guest Mr Voland
2 hours ago, cesartdavila said:

when will you fix the hardware acceleration ? good job dude!

Before asking question you should check at last the first page before asking.

On 11/18/2015 at 0:19 AM, chil360 said:

Hardware video acceleration relies on proprietary OMX libraries which were built for Jellybean. With all of the changes in newer android releases and having to move to display-caf for LP/M it is highly unlikely that hardware acceleration could ever be made to work.

Guest chil360
4 hours ago, Runjaun said:

Why?? We don't have Prima WLAN hardware. Our wifi chip is Atheros AR6003 using the ath6kl kernel module.

12 hours ago, Mr Voland said:

Hardware video acceleration relies on proprietary OMX libraries which were built for Jellybean. With all of the changes in newer android releases and having to move to display-caf for LP/M it is highly unlikely that hardware acceleration could ever be made to work.

Yes, it's a little bit sad. But what's the problem? The processor? The graphics unit? Are there really no ports for gadgets with similar hardware containing this library made for a "highter" android-version? 

Got some troubles with file management... Maybe someone can sort it out...

1. Internal and external sd are named with a numeric id. Is there a way to change this?
  2. I'm trying to move (copy) files from internal sdcard to external. A hint appears, suggesting to select sdcard to grant ES file manager permission to operate. I did what is suggested but the copy remains blocked. Tried with internal file manager, and "File commander" with no luck. Doing this with adb worked 
    mv -v /mnt/sdcard/DCIM/Camera/*.*  /storage/9197-4D70/DCIM/Camera

3. Trying to use Titanium backup to restore from a TWRP backup fails because it searches files under sdcard, that is bound to internal SD. It's possible to associate the external sd to directory "sdcard"?

Thanks in advance

Guest Nemesix2

@Folini As far as I know, internal SD is "internal-sd" in TWRP, while external is "sd-card". If Titanium Backup messes the names, that might be a problem from the app, or a mistake between the two names in the ROM. If it's the latter one, only chil can fix that.

From question 1: That didn't happen to me in the latest build, can't tell what's wrong

From question 2: Try to use another file manager such as Solid Explorer or Root Browser. Again, that didn't happen for me in ES :/

34 minutes ago, Nemesix2 said:

From question 1: That didn't happen to me in the latest build, can't tell what's wrong

From question 2: Again, that didn't happen for me in ES :/

Thanks Nemesix2  

I think that something went wrong on my g510 and all those problems are a conseguence.

Am I  the only one with those probems?

Guest Nemesix2

@Folini Try to do the first five wipes in TWRP (Advanced Wipe mode) and reinstall the ROM.

I remember when I installed Paranoid Android 4.4.4 and my MAC address changed for no reason, I tried to find the issue for days, but it was the ROM. Perhaps something similar is happening to you, but with other things instead of the MAC.

Am I  the only one with those probems?

For now, yes :P