[ROM][6.0][ALL] CyanogenMod 13 [18/12/2016]

Guest chil360

Guest chil360
53 minutes ago, Nemesix2 said:

@Alfamale That also happened to me in some LP roms I've tested. Some apps just denied root access without even prompting you to a root confirmation window. Is that what happens to you?

If that's the case, then there's no solution for now (as far as I know)

The permissions system in Marshmallow has changed significantly. The apps that fail probably need updating to work properly with the new Marshmallow APIs.

Guest chil360
7 minutes ago, Kiodo1981 said:

Has the new build SnapDragon Camera? How does it work?

No. I have tried building with Snap camera and it works ok for taking photos but fails when trying to record video. It crashes out then you get the 'can't connect to camera' message. I'm going to experiment with it some more this week to see if I can get it working.

Guest Alfamale
17 hours ago, Nemesix2 said:

@Alfamale That also happened to me in some LP roms I've tested. Some apps just denied root access without even prompting you to a root confirmation window. Is that what happens to you?

If that's the case, then there's no solution for now (as far as I know)

Yes, I have the same problem, I even can't get the SuperSU confirmation window to show. Even when I start Root Checker joey krim.

16 hours ago, chil360 said:

The permissions system in Marshmallow has changed significantly. The apps that fail probably need updating to work properly with the new Marshmallow APIs.

This is quite strange, because I have rooted my Nexus 5 (D821) in the same way and I am using Android M 6.0.1 with the same apps. However, these apps do grant me Super User access on my Nexus 5.

But keep up the good work.

Guest anotherjib

File manager cannot access its own bookmarks, /, /sdcard0, /sdcard1, when I click them just nothing happens, when trying to search for /system after a while it says unable to gain required privileges to function. Privacy guard says it does have root access, also the root hash notification symbol appears. Tried resetting preferences, wiping caches, no result. In the previous build it worked.

Not sure if this relevant but fount these in logcat:

01-25 18:43:10.131   617   617 W PackageManager: Unknown permission android.permission.ACCESS_SUPERUSER in package com.cyanogenmod.filemanager

and

01-25 18:58:10.635  4987  4987 E AllAppPermissionsFragment: Can't get permission info for com.cyanogenmod.filemanager.permissions.READ_THEME
01-25 18:58:10.635  4987  4987 E AllAppPermissionsFragment: android.content.pm.PackageManager$NameNotFoundException: com.cyanogenmod.filemanager.permissions.READ_THEME

...Later - something I understand even less than those:

01-26 00:15:27.156 11682 11682 W PackageParser: No actions in intent filter at /system/app/CMFileManager/CMFileManager.apk Binary XML file line #164
01-26 00:15:27.971 11682 11682 W asset   : Asset path /system/app/CMFileManager/oat/CMFileManager.apk is neither a directory nor file (type=1).

And by the way such warnings about no actions in intent filter are also given about the dialer and contacts app which have crashed a couple of times.

Edited by anotherjib
Found some similar warnings in logcat

Guest gal9000

Hi!

Do you think Video and FM Radio will ever work?

PLS tell when it is running smoothely. I´d like to install it on 3 Y300 phones that still did

not get any stagefright update from HUAWEI and tend to go slower and slower by tons

of growing bloatware every day...

Greetings from Berlin

GAL9000

Guest Nemesix2

@gal9000 If that you mentioned is still not working on LP [Lollipop roms have been around for more than a year] then I don't think M will ever get it.

As chil360 said several posts ago, hardware acceleration relies on a specific type of libraries built for Jellybean. People at Adreno have only released libs until 4.2 for the 203 GPU. So, it's highly unlikely that those are ever going to work. The same with FM Radio.

If you want a bug-less rom, then I suggest you to try the Jellybean-based Roms.

Oh by the way, as far as I know HUAWEI hasn't released any stagefright update for our phones AT ALL.

Talking about the smoothness of the ROM, it's already fairly nice in terms of fluidity. As some users reported a while ago, performance is similar to Kitkat-based roms. The thing is that it's just not so stable. It has a few bugs. When @chil360 gets rids of them, then he can be sure this is going to be my next daily rom :D

3 hours ago, Nemesix2 said:

As chil360 said several posts ago, hardware acceleration relies on a specific type of libraries built for Jellybean. People at Adreno have only released libs until 4.2 for the 203 GPU. So, it's highly unlikely that those are ever going to work. The same with FM Radio.

Would be nice if anybody would send Qualcomm a mail asking for a Marshmallow/Lollipop (or at least a KitKat) version of these libraries. But, unfortunately, any sort of support is unlikely. 

Edited by Alias

21 minutes ago, Nemesix2 said:

@Alias I think some users already asked for support for higher android versions. People at Adreno have just refused to do it, cause they say that GPU is "obsolete".

I just found this. Sad. But I still can't believe that there isn't a single A203 phone which got at least a KitKat-update.  https://developer.qualcomm.com/forum/qdn-forums/maximize-hardware/mobile-gaming-graphics-adreno/27752

There is also the Freedreno-project, but I'm shure that chil360 would have already used it if it would be useful for his Android Roms.  https://github.com/freedreno/kernel-msm/

Edited by Alias

Okay, some words about the latest version of this Rom: The performance is much better now. The App-Drawer, the Recent Apps and the whole UI became faster. The Wifi-Bug is still there, and, as we all know, all GPU-concerning tasks run not very good. But it's pretty stable. 

Patch for DualSim u8833d: ril_u8833d.zip
Patch must be installed after cm-13.0-20160124-UNOFFICIAL-u8833.zip
There should be a DualSIm modem image installed.

Patch for DualSim u8951d: ril_u8951d.zip
Patch must be installed after cm-13.0-20160124-UNOFFICIAL-u8951.zip
There should be a DualSIm modem image installed.

I have not tested these patches (i not have this device).

Guest Runjaun
10 hours ago, Kiodo1981 said:

Xperia 2011 has Qualcomm MSM8255 Snapdragon S2, Adreno 205 and 512mb RAM.

Here changelog and news. Coming CM13. @chil360 @dixmer @All hardware is different and older but it might be useful.

@chil360  what Kiodo1981 saying is right. it might be useful.

I gonna stick to cm13 because getting a new phone soon , a Doogee F5.

Edited by Runjaun

Guest anotherjib
5 hours ago, frustille said:

anyone know if the sd work now with the last rom?

I am using Apps2SD successfully with it.

Also my problems with the file manager, dialer and contacts from the previous build have now disappeared with the 31/01/16 version.

Had a spontaneous reboot once though, could not pin down the reason. Otherwise everything seems to work fine