[ROM][6.0][ALL] CyanogenMod 13 [18/12/2016]

Guest chil360

Guest pesartom
13 hours ago, dre90210 said:

Can I use the kernels with new builds or just have to wait until the new kernel is created to switch the internal storage?

worked fine with me (on 02/21 build)

Guest scdswd
4 hours ago, dmitr said:

does not operate the mobile Internet to update 20160228

Stop at the point when it works.

1. Try disabling and enabling it again.

2. Try restarting the device when mobile internet is enabled.

3. Wipe the phone and try it again.

Guest konqi

First I must give thanks to @chil360 for all the work. Using 28/02. ROM works great. Battery drain is very good, using the phone a lot and I don´t have problems.

Camera is problematic, normal camera don´t works, open camera works but stops workihg after some time. I don´t have any problem with wifi conection.

ROM is stable and fluid.

I only have a question, how can I update next week with no lossing all apps and data?

Guest jesus HONOR

Hello! great job .. I have been trying for more than a week and all this regular ... the only problem is the camera can not even open ... but install B612 and all good .. sometimes appear the black screens .. .... and a question for updates rom . Do I have to do a clean install ?

Guest chil360

Feel free to take over the builds then, @Nemesix2! I have been working on this device for a long time and have been unable to fix the problems that remain. So, if someone wants to take over, then go ahead.

Guest Nemesix2

@chil360 It's not that I wanna take over them (I don't even know about programming Android stuff) - it's just that new things tend to come out slowly.

By the way, I've been trying the newest build with no problems at all, except for the games' performance (I assume it's normal as there is no GPU driver), and the camera works just fine for me, for those of you who had problems in the past ;)

Guest ilich
On 1/3/2016 at 4:42 AM, dmitr said:

does not operate the mobile Internet to update 20160228

Try to.. Turn on Ariplane mode after that Turn off.. That should work

Guest scdswd

I am on clean 06/03/2016 now. I am not using any gapps as they slow down the phone to unusable state. I am using only F-Droid repositories and Aptiode for some apps. And DAVdroid to sync my stuff.

Default camera app crashes, but Open Camera app is more than decent replacement.

Mobile internet works OK.

Wifi is sometimes unstable and sometimes I have to manually connect again.

So far, I am happy to have Android 6! on my old Y300 device, it is really awsome. Thanks.

Guest Gaby95

Hello,i have a question,if someone can solve the mistery for me please.

I installed the first rom version and it worked,till  it doesnt wake's up of course.

After that,i tried install the latest rom version 02/28 with TWRP ,after 10 minutes of "installation" it says failed.

Anyone knows why?

Sorry for my bad english.

Guest anotherjib
5 hours ago, Gaby95 said:

After that,i tried install the latest rom version 02/28 with TWRP ,after 10 minutes of "installation" it says failed.

Have you checked integrity of the archives before flashing? Can you reproduce what precisely is written there along with just "failed"?

Guest seven9

Hi,

The latest version 06032016 is really working great, the problem with keyboard when you install opengapps pico disappeared. It is not that slow with opengapps pico.

I have only two problems for the moment:

- I tried 2 different apps for changing CPU governor but both of them are saying I have no root enabled, even though I enabled it in the developer options for apps and adb.

- auto rotation stopped working at some point, not sure when exactly, but I am almost sure it was working after I flashed the phone, in apps like gmail or hangouts. Now it works only for one app: Open Camera.

btw where do I find source code for that build. Maybe I could try to rebuild it if there are some fixes in CM code.

Guest chil360
15 hours ago, seven9 said:

btw where do I find source code for that build. Maybe I could try to rebuild it if there are some fixes in CM code.

All of the source code for my builds are in my github repos here (device trees) and here (kernel). See the local_manifest repo for build instructions.

Guest knoelli

I think it's time for another update of my usage experience with the latest version of this rom.

My setup:
As always, I installed the rom after wiping system, cache & dalvik. In order to be able to install Xposed, I deodexed the rom before flashing it. I also disabled the boot animation in build.prop to slightly speed up the boot process. Apps are stored on a SD-card (using Apps2SD) and I created a 1GB swap partition (also on SD) and disabled ZRam. Kernel Adiutor is set up to raise the minimum cpu frequency and change the governor to avoid any black screen issues. I did not install any gapps.

Speed:
Everyday usage is very smooth. Most apps open almost instantly (except for some huge apps like Shazam or Office). AOSP keyboard is very fluent. Sometimes there's a small lag between closing the lock screen and showing the app launcher, but even that is hardly noticable and no problem at all. As I don't play games on my mobile, I can't say how it performs there. First boot took a really long time, but that's due to deodexing the rom.

Stability:
Today I had a random reboot while the phone was idle (screen off). But apart from that, the rom is running very stable. I didn't encounter any black screen issues so far, neither during the last days with the latest rom, nor with any previous version. Battery drain, an issue I had with earlier versions, seems to have improved a lot - I can now go ~ 2 days with medium usage. The percentage no longer drops every few seconds while the screen is on, so whatever caused problems earlier seems to have been fixed.

Issues:
There are currently only two issues for me that cause problems:

• The camera does work after a reboot but soon after has problems. Either the app is closed immediately after starting it (for example the app included with this rom), or the preview is shown but I get an error or FC after taking a picture (for example with OpenCamera). There's a lot of pages describing camera problems with CM, but all those fixes did not change the problem for me (neither the one replacing the camera drivers + app nor the suggestion to kill the mediaserver in order to unlock the camera again). Currently I'm using the app "zte.com.cn.camera" for which I modified the manifest to request "largeHeap" and set the maximum resolution to 2MP - this seems to be the best solution so far, works most of the time (and in case it doesn't, it magically recovers after some time, even without a reboot)
  • WiFi isn't stable at all. I can connect to my router (an AVM FritzBox), but after a few seconds, the connection is lost. There exists a patched kernel by "Dmitry Sergeev" on VK which is supposed to fix the WiFi problem but it doesn't do any good for me. However, the problem might be a general Marshmallow one and not be specific to our device. There's an open issue on Android's bugtracker >here<, it seems that Android disconnects WiFi if it doesn't receive a response to 3 subsequent unicast arp requests to the router. The logcat entries from the bugtracker are very similiar to mine, I also get "LOST_PROVISIONING" and "NUD_FAILED" errors once the connection gets dropped. Somewhere I found information that disabling IPv6 might fix this, but my attempts in this direction did not give any positive results. So WiFi might be stable for some, but isn't for others as long as Google doesn't fix this problem in Android.

@chil360 In a previous post I asked, if you could add a patch for signature faking in order to use microG. Since I deodexed the rom I was able to use the Xposed module for signature faking and install and set up microG + location providers, but it is (currently) not working all too well, i.e. apps that use the location service crash. So, at least for me, the patch isn't really required anymore. Anyway, I just wanted to thank you again for your continuous work on this rom so we can enjoy the latest Marshmallow on our rather dated device ;)

8 hours ago, adeii said:

I'm just interesting, can Lucky Patcher or 3C Toolbox deOdex rom and Xposed framework be enabled?

I'm not sure if deodexing from within the running rom can be achieved, but I deodexed on my windows machine before flashing. That method works just fine, and I was able to install and use Xposed without problems. If you are interested, I can upload the deodexed rom so you can try for yourself.

Guest knoelli

@chil360 Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately, that doesn't stabilize my WiFi connection. I already tried that during the last days (among other things, like static IP, DNS and gateway settings). To make sure (especially that I didn't forget to reboot), I just tried again, but WiFi was down again after some seconds :(

Guest adeii
14 hours ago, knoelli said:

I'm not sure if deodexing from within the running rom can be achieved, but I deodexed on my windows machine before flashing. That method works just fine, and I was able to install and use Xposed without problems. If you are interested, I can upload the deodexed rom so you can try for yourself.

Thanks for your offer, I would like that if it's not bothering to you. Assume you use xUltimate for deodexing?